What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

Is this available to stream for free? I loved The Larry Sanders Show, but I’ve never seen this one.

I have access to it through Plex. I’m a huge Larry Sanders Show fan as well so finding this show was a comeup. He was so far ahead of his time.  Check out the Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling on HBO if you haven’t seen it yet. It’s a 2 part docuseries that is outstanding. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I have access to it through Plex. I’m a huge Larry Sanders Show fan as well so finding this show was a comeup. He was so far ahead of his time.  Check out the Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling on HBO if you haven’t seen it yet. It’s a 2 part docuseries that is outstanding. 

Agreed. The Zen Diaries documentary was what made me want to watch The Larry Sanders Show in its entirety. I knew who Garry was, but I hadn’t seen much of his work until then. In addition to him, Rip Torn and Jeffrey Tambor were outstanding on Larry Sanders.

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Lena Headey was perfect casting as Evil-Lyn but they lost me with SMG as Teela. She was awful and to be the main character?  That was as far away from good casting as you can possibly get. lol

I agree....although given the way she is written, I dont think any other voice actor would've made her more likable.

Shouldve cast Maria Canals-Barrera (Hawkgirl voice actress from Justice League animated series)...who would've been perfect.   But, again....the writing.

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

finished The Wire.

absolute brilliance.

people crap on the 5th season, but i enjoyed that as well.

I think it stayed at a high level throughout

also, my third attempt at watching it (once 3 years ago, and once 2 years ago)

Im glad i gave it a 3rd go.

if you only watched a couple episodes and lost interest, try again

On 6/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, Malfatron said:

Is the Wire something most people like right away, or is it a slow burn?

I just cant get into it

On 8/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, Malfatron said:

Should i give the Wire another chance?

made it through like 3 episodes and it didnt hold my interest.

if so, why?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The Wire is a slow burn, especially season 1, but it all pays off if you stick with it.

The character interactions is what makes it for me.

i could watch a full episode of them hanging out with nothing happening

Edited by Malfatron

17 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I liked Season 5.   Season 1 felt like a prologue and season 5 felt like an epilogue, but collectively, I loved all 5 seasons.

• Like 2

Just now, 43M said:

I liked Season 5.   Season 1 felt like a prologue and season 5 felt like an epilogue, but collectively, I loved all 5 seasons.

yeah, it was a big novel for me.

I like how each seasons focused on different aspects as well, so it didnt feel samey

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 4:31 AM, Malfatron said:

I tried watching it over 10 years ago and gave up. I was thinking I should give it another shot. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

There’s some top notch shows on Prime Video. Their quality is amazing. I just finished Hunters and it was great. I don’t remember the last time I watched a bad show on there.

I'd say their recent (within the last 3 years) of shows is great. Prior to that was more mediocre/miss than hit for me. 

57 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd say their recent (within the last 3 years) of shows is great. Prior to that was more mediocre/miss than hit for me. 

I'm real curious how their Lord of the Rings spinoff (based in the second age, around Gondolin?) will end up.  They are putting a ton of money, talent, and effort into it.

• Like 1