What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

5 episodes into Midnight Mass and this is definitely one of my favorite shows of the year. 

I knew absolutely nothing about it when I started it. Didn't watch any promos, didn't read any reviews or anything like that.  2 episodes in, I kind of thought it was a slice of life type show with significant religious overtones, and I was still kind of digging it just for that, which honestly says a lot lol.

Then it revealed itself a bit more and turned into what it is and I liked it even more. 

Gilford and Linklater are amazing in it, and Samantha Sloyan is fantastic as well. Absolutely spot on in crafting a character that I legitimately despised from the moment I started watching. Gilford does his soulful, pain and anguish thing better than just about anyone and it's out in force in some big moments. Hamish does a ton of heavy lifting. Shout out to Robert Longstreet who does a really nice job in a very minor supporting role with some big moments 

On 10/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, D82 said:

I didn't see an option so 😂

It wasn't a bad show overall...but I guess I just don't get all the hype for it. 

Acting was absolutely brilliant IMO. Across the board too, except by those rich guys lol. What in the world was that?

And the show did a wonderful job of capturing true human nature, greed, and whatnot. Ending left a little to be desired, but I suppose they wanted to keep the door open for a possible second season. 

Lived up to the hype for me. I hate reading subtitles typically, but it never felt like a chore. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

5 episodes into Midnight Mass and this is definitely one of my favorite shows of the year. 

I knew absolutely nothing about it when I started it. Didn't watch any promos, didn't read any reviews or anything like that.  2 episodes in, I kind of thought it was a slice of life type show with significant religious overtones, and I was still kind of digging it just for that, which honestly says a lot lol.

Then it revealed itself a bit more and turned into what it is and I liked it even more. 

Gilford and Linklater are amazing in it, and Samantha Sloyan is fantastic as well. Absolutely spot on in crafting a character that I legitimately despised from the moment I started watching. Gilford does his soulful, pain and anguish thing better than just about anyone and it's out in force in some big moments. Hamish does a ton of heavy lifting. Shout out to Robert Longstreet who does a really nice job in a very minor supporting role with some big moments 

Show has a lot of long character dialogues between people, but they’ve been good. Not that any normal person would talk like that but either way.

Just finished Squid Game. Saw meets Hunger Games meets Charlie and the chocolate factory. Pretty good but they shouldn’t have set it up for a second season. This felt like a mini series and would’ve been better off as such 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Just finished Squid Game. Saw meets Hunger Games meets Charlie and the chocolate factory. Pretty good but they shouldn’t have set it up for a second season. This felt like a mini series and would’ve been better off as such 

totally agree

falls apart in last episode

self contain it and move to something else

something Stranger Things should have done

A little past halfway of Season 1 of Deadwood (finally!) and I really, really like it.  I'm not sure if I've fallen in love with it yet (but I have no doubt I will) but man there are some many amazing characters, and the dialogue is top-notch.  Swearengen steals every scene.  Also love Bullock and EB is great too, Trixie as well.  Actually now that I think about it, I do love this show lol

Also started Ted Lasso and I love it.  Little over halfway through Season 1 on that as well.  Definitely a tear-jerker, can't remember the last show that had be bawling since Bojack lol but man it is such a feel-good show too.  I enjoy watching it before work.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

A little past halfway of Season 1 of Deadwood (finally!) and I really, really like it.  I'm not sure if I've fallen in love with it yet (but I have no doubt I will) but man there are some many amazing characters, and the dialogue is top-notch.  Swearengen steals every scene.  Also love Bullock and EB is great too, Trixie as well.  Actually now that I think about it, I do love this show lol

Also started Ted Lasso and I love it.  Little over halfway through Season 1 on that as well.  Definitely a tear-jerker, can't remember the last show that had be bawling since Bojack lol but man it is such a feel-good show too.  I enjoy watching it before work.

I've been watching Deadwood sporadically.  I've stalled out a bit towards the end of season 2, but that's in large part to me being super busy than not being into the show.  I'd call it a good show so far, not great.

23 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Oh yeah and Korean Keanu Reeves 

5 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Tried watching the last season of shameless on Netflix and stopped during the first episode. Just skipped to the series finale instead, shame I didn’t care for the characters anymore or what happened to them.

I quit around the time the main kid starts banging his college professor