What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 12/28/2021 at 10:04 PM, DreamKid said:

'Just Shoot Me' really needs to be in the sitcom HOF. 

Some of the best writing and most unique story concepts in sitcom history. Great vibe. Just an all around awesome show. 

Nina Van Horn played by Wendy Malick is probably only in competition with Elaine for funniest female character in a sitcom- ever. David Spade and George Seagal deliver masterclass comedic performances throughout the show. Maya and Elliot occupy the straight man/women role in sound fashion, and then you have great guest spots and recurring roles(Shout out to Brian Posehn as Kevin). 

If you've never seen it, I strongly recommend checking it out.

It was solid.   Not sure Id rank it nearly that high, but to each their own.    To me, its in the same breath as sitcoms like News Radio, Wings and King of Queens...shows that were solid and consistently funny, but isnt really memorable.

12 hours ago, 43M said:

It was solid.   Not sure Id rank it nearly that high, but to each their own.    To me, its in the same breath as sitcoms like News Radio, Wings and King of Queens...shows that were solid and consistently funny, but isnt really memorable.

Probably a taste difference, because I have King of Queens pretty high as well.

What are your HoF choices then?

17 hours ago, 43M said:

You should check out Seasons 2-4 of Two Guys & A Girl. Ryan Reynolds and Nathan Fillion. That’s the most underrated sitcom ever, IMO.

• Like 1

I’m kinda surprised Kenan got renewed considering how little attention NBC gave it (not to mention inconsistently airing it). The s2 premiere was outstanding tho. Great writing and Don Johnson has turned out to be a delight in the sitcom format. 

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Probably a taste difference, because I have King of Queens pretty high as well.

What are your HoF choices then?

There are different ways of looking at it. 

Objectively, shows like Seinfeld, Friends, Carol Burnett, Cheers, Cosby Show, I Love Lucy, All in the Family, Simpsons, etc...are all shows that had significant cultural impacts and were regarded for being extremely popular and influential shows.

But we all have our personal preferences, so in that regard, my personal HOF would probably be Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Scrubs, South Park, Married With Children, Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm...and maybe another 1 or 2 I cant remember.

• Like 1

Halfway through the second season of Lost in Space on Netflix. It's fair to good if you like your sci-fi, nothing special, but solid.

I only recognize the Dad as the bad guy from Die Another Day (abbreviated to DAD... woah) though, so with everything he says I just see a supervillain in his face. Sorry, the Dad.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, SMashMouthMike said:

I just rewatched lonesome dove. It’s Mediocre and kinda Hokey. Acting is poor outside Duvall and TLJones. Wouldn’t recommend. 

I rewatched band of brothers. It’s well done. 

Trying sopranos again. It’s good, I just don’t like the characters

I’ve only watched a few minutes of Lonesome Dove, but the audiobook is excellent.

3 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Did u read/see the prequels too? 1st half of the LD series is bad IMO. It improves a lot in episodes 3-4, but by that point I was already mad at it. Thanks. 

No, I skipped those and went straight to the one that is actually called Lonesome Dove because I read some negative reviews about the prequels. As much as I loved that one, I still haven’t been able to bring myself to check out the others. I’m not really a big western guy to begin with.

• Like 1