What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Undercover Billionaire. It’s about a billionaire thats given just $100 to work w, a functional truck, and is dropped off in a town to try to create a million dollar business in 90 days. It’s out of touch cause most of his money is made from buying cars from a closing dealership that just wanted to unload cars and selling them at considerable markups and depending on free labor “from people that were only interested in his friendship, not his money for once” but they’re all in because they’re on tv, not because they like him or are altruistic lol. He uses his billionaire credit to secure a bank loan to flip a house, depends on free labor and expertise from his new fame chaser friends to fix the house and start his brewery restaurant. It’s disingenuous pretending to create a successful business like this quickly if your success is contingent on your real life rich privileges or charity from others, but I guess it’s fitting for a billionaire to make his money on the unpaid/underpaid

• Like 3

true-detective-tit.jpg

season 1

This was my 3rd time watching s1 iirc and as good as it already is, it gets better with each rewatch.  So many small pieces you pick up during additional viewings.  The season is a master’s class on story structure, writing, directing and acting.  MM got absolutely robbed of an Emmy too, my goodness. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, thrILL! said:

true-detective-tit.jpg

season 1

This was my 3rd time watching s1 iirc and as good as it already is, it gets better with each rewatch.  So many small pieces you pick up during additional viewings.  The season is a master’s class on story structure, writing, directing and acting.  MM got absolutely robbed of an Emmy too, my goodness. 

I think I’ve rewatched every year since it came out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I think I’ve rewatched every year since it came out. 

I need a few days from the gloominess lol before I dive into s2 again.  I didn't hate it like a lot of ppl did and honestly  I think a lot of that came from ppl simply wanting another s1 and not such a completely different story.  I'm curious to get some fresh eyes on it after this time and see how it stand on its own merits bcuz it did have some outstanding performances from Farrell and McAdams.

39 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I need a few days from the gloominess lol before I dive into s2 again.  I didn't hate it like a lot of ppl did and honestly  I think a lot of that came from ppl simply wanting another s1 and not such a completely different story.  I'm curious to get some fresh eyes on it after this time and see how it stand on its own merits bcuz it did have some outstanding performances from Farrell and McAdams.

I never saw S2.

S3 was really good, IMO. 

53 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I never saw S2.

S3 was really good, IMO. 

Yeah see word of mouth was so bad that a lot of ppl never even gave it a chance.  It was like when someone's favorite band didn't make their followup album the same way as the one they love.

I agree s3 is fantastic. 

Just finished The Terminal List. I'm curious what those who have watched it think more than anything. 

The plot was your standard "oh it was the government cover-up and now this super soldier goes on a revenge rampage" plot, and I thought it just got more and more unrealistic as the episodes went on.

However, the action scenes for the most part I thought were very well executed.

I’m quite possibly Nathan Fielder’s biggest fan. His schtick is so in line with my own. I loved Nathan For You and How to with John Wilson. Episode 1 of his new HBO show The Rehearsal dropped tonight. It wasn’t as in your face that he’s making fun of you but his false oblivious sarcasm was still present, as is his way of going to extreme lengths beyond what is asked of him in episodes. Creating an entire set of the guy’s apartment and the bar he was going to was hilarious. I liked the first episode and actually felt invested with how the actual event they were practicing for would go. Fielder kinda comes off as a sociopath at times with him orchestrating other’s emotions, ala taking the guy sk-eet (why is that censored lol) shooting but loading the guns with blanks so they could bond over how bad they both were lmao. I’m excited to see where he takes this in future episodes. He’s in a masterclass for awkward comedy. 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 2