What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 7/16/2022 at 1:17 AM, Ty21 said:

I’m quite possibly Nathan Fielder’s biggest fan. His schtick is so in line with my own. I loved Nathan For You and How to with John Wilson. Episode 1 of his new HBO show The Rehearsal dropped tonight. It wasn’t as in your face that he’s making fun of you but his false oblivious sarcasm was still present, as is his way of going to extreme lengths beyond what is asked of him in episodes. Creating an entire set of the guy’s apartment and the bar he was going to was hilarious. I liked the first episode and actually felt invested with how the actual event they were practicing for would go. Fielder kinda comes off as a sociopath at times with him orchestrating other’s emotions, ala taking the guy sk-eet (why is that censored lol) shooting but loading the guns with blanks so they could bond over how bad they both were lmao. I’m excited to see where he takes this in future episodes. He’s in a masterclass for awkward comedy. 

it's unhinged, i love it

On 7/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, DreamKid said:

Banshee was a GOATed hidden gem for about the first 3 seasons. Probably the best fights in television history. I've never watched that Boys show that seems to be really popular, but I'm happy Starr found mainstream success. Banshee never got the respect or attention it deserved and Starr helped pull off the impossible by grounding such an out there concept for a series. 

Airing on Skinemax was the main reason it toiled in obscurity.   

Starr, Hoon Lee (Job) and Ulrich Thompson (Kai Proctor) were standouts with a great ensemble.   @minutemancl you’re in for an absolute treat.   Enjoy.  And don’t F with the Amish.  Ever.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Just finished Winning time and man did I really enjoy that show I hope they do more seasons

makes me wonder if the way they projected characters is really the way they were in real life 

HBO picked it up for season 2 already. 

While i'm sure the characters have been turned up to 11, part of the reason why some real life counterparts and family members were upset, was because some of it probably had more than a grain of truth in it.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:44 PM, D82 said:

Resident Evil the Netflix version

It's bad...like really bad.

Like what are they trying to accomplish with this series?  Why would they turn Resident Evil into some teenage high school drama?  Also I have never seen a show that paired the music so poorly with whats going on on the screen.  

11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

How's How to get away with Murder? It's been recommended to me a few times and my brother raves about it all the time. 

Depends the type of content you like, but I enjoyed the whole show.

It's mainstream TV, so there is some of that bent to it. But they seemed fairly dedicated to a serialized story amongst the case of the week aspects. Viola is awesome, enough additional characters that there will be at least one of them you really like probably.

I put it on as a show to do work to, but I got too into it and watched the whole thing in a month.
Similarly just happened with iZombie.

Paper girls lacked some humor and levity that I think would have really made it kick, but it's also better than I thought it would be when your primary actors are children. 

It's not stranger things, despite the intent to try and make it seem like Amazon's answer to the Netflix hit.