What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

14 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Watching Primal and I am hooked! Love the animation (guy who did Samurai Jack and Dexters Lab). Emotional story as well. 

Tartakovsky is a legend!  I'm so glad his Clone Wars series is on Disney+.  It's so much better than the other version.

Trainwreck Woodstock 99. It would’ve been cool af to see all those bands in that atmosphere at the peak of their relevancy. I honestly think I might watch it twice. It felt pretty similar to the fyre festival doc. It’s hard trying to understand which side to empathize for: the event orchestrators (boomers) or the people who attended (Gen X). The boomers seem devoid of accountability and try to paint the mirage that they want a repeat of Woodstock for the good vibes, peace, love, music. But the 90s really created the corporate monster that sacrifices a genuine experience by robbing our individual humanity to drive a profit as much as it can. Denying people their water bottles at the gates so they could sell their own $4 water bottles, cheap and disgusting unsanitary conditions (the drinking/bathing water was contaminated with feces), lack of real security, obnoxious ticket prices. This event was never going to be what they were pretending it was going to be. But the poor event conditions and difference in the new generations sensibilities doesn’t make up for the rioting or tons of sexual assault/rape that happened there. Deshaun Watson surely would’ve had a blast though. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:48 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Watching Primal and I am hooked! Love the animation (guy who did Samurai Jack and Dexters Lab). Emotional story as well. 

I was liking it but it’s probably a bit too violent for my five year old. Super annoying I can’t watch most of the stuff I want to because of the creature that eats all my Gogurts

20 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Trainwreck Woodstock 99. It would’ve been cool af to see all those bands in that atmosphere at the peak of their relevancy. I honestly think I might watch it twice. It felt pretty similar to the fyre festival doc. It’s hard trying to understand which side to empathize for: the event orchestrators (boomers) or the people who attended (Gen X). The boomers seem devoid of accountability and try to paint the mirage that they want a repeat of Woodstock for the good vibes, peace, love, music. But the 90s really created the corporate monster that sacrifices a genuine experience by robbing our individual humanity to drive a profit as much as it can. Denying people their water bottles at the gates so they could sell their own $4 water bottles, cheap and disgusting unsanitary conditions (the drinking/bathing water was contaminated with feces), lack of real security, obnoxious ticket prices. This event was never going to be what they were pretending it was going to be. But the poor event conditions and difference in the new generations sensibilities doesn’t make up for the rioting or tons of sexual assault/rape that happened there. Deshaun Watson surely would’ve had a blast though. 

I got the same vibe.  They seemed more interested in holding Fred Durst accountable than themselves.

On 6/27/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ty21 said:

Finished Band of Brothers for the hundredth time 

I’m almost halfway through it, and it’s great. I was surprised in the beginning to see David Schwimmer playing that kind of character because he usually plays a wuss. Winters is the man.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I’m almost halfway through it, and it’s great. I was surprised in the beginning to see David Schwimmer playing that kind of character because he usually plays a wuss. Winters is the man.

His power trip didn’t make him less of a wuss 

Just now, Ty21 said:

Speaking of band of brothers lol, captain **** winters is talking to lieutenant buck Compton about compton playing poker for money against the lesser enlisted men. He asks him what would happen if he won and then says “never put yourself in a position where you can take from these men”. It’s the first thing I thought of when I heard the owner’s wife at my work put herself in the employee putting competition that results on a $150 Amazon gift card for the victor. 

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

True. Bad choice of words. I just never would have imagined Ross from Friends having that in him. He played his part well. On the flip side, Neal McDonough always plays a villain, and he was actually a good guy in this.

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Speaking of band of brothers lol, captain **** winters is talking to lieutenant buck Compton about compton playing poker for money against the lesser enlisted men. He asks him what would happen if he won and then says “never put yourself in a position where you can take from these men”. It’s the first thing I thought of when I heard the owner’s wife at my work put herself in the employee putting competition that results on a $150 Amazon gift card for the victor. 

Yeah that’s a bad look for her.

Shoutout to James McAvoy in a tiny bit part.

12 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

True. Bad choice of words. I just never would have imagined Ross from Friends having that in him. He played his part well. On the flip side, Neal McDonough always plays a villain, and he was actually a good guy in this.

Yeah that’s a bad look for her.

Shoutout to James McAvoy in a tiny bit part.

And Tom Hardy. And Jimmy Fallon. And Michael Fassbender. 

It’s a joke, I assume if she somehow won she’d give the prize to the second best. Since shes worth several million lol.