What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

16 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

There's a certain, unfortunately large, subsection of people who you can call infamous, and they'll just hear it as "I'm famous!"

Lol I just made fun of a restaurant for saying they were “infamous for steak tacos”, as if that’s a good thing. 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, adamq said:

The Rehearsal... my god this show just leaves you bewildered. Can't get enough

Just watched the first episode. This show is so bugged out. So manipulative but man it can be so funny lol. And I have no idea what to expect in the other episodes lol. 

• Like 1

I'm watching season 8 of The Flash. This show has gotten so bad over the years. I'm only watching since they announced season 9 would be the final one. May as well finish it.

After this I plan on starting either Better Call Saul or The Goldbergs -- both would be first time viewing.

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm watching season 8 of The Flash. This show has gotten so bad over the years. I'm only watching since they announced season 9 would be the final one. May as well finish it.

Not sure how you can stomach that anymore.   I tried to go back a couple times and couldnt.     Arrow got bad for a time, but it finished with a decently strong final 2 seasons.    Flash season 4 was the last full season I was able to get through.    The acting and effects have gotten notably and laughably worse, and when they started making everyone and their goldfish have superpowers and added 50 people to team Flash, it basically made the show about everything EXCEPT the Flash.   And I mean Grant Gustin/Barry Allen Flash....the one most people actually want to see.

Sad part is, I actually really like Gustin and wish he was the movie Flash over the mediocre nutjob currently in the role....but the CW show essentially became like Power Rangers in terms of acting ability and special effects...

There are no words.

Just...wow...

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:46 AM, thrILL! said:
On 8/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, adamq said:

The Rehearsal... my god this show just leaves you bewildered. Can't get enough

Just watched the first episode. This show is so bugged out. So manipulative but man it can be so funny lol. And I have no idea what to expect in the other episodes lol. 

wasn't expecting to tear up in the finale 

12 hours ago, 43M said:

Not sure how you can stomach that anymore.   I tried to go back a couple times and couldnt.     Arrow got bad for a time, but it finished with a decently strong final 2 seasons.    Flash season 4 was the last full season I was able to get through.    The acting and effects have gotten notably and laughably worse, and when they started making everyone and their goldfish have superpowers and added 50 people to team Flash, it basically made the show about everything EXCEPT the Flash.   And I mean Grant Gustin/Barry Allen Flash....the one most people actually want to see.

Sad part is, I actually really like Gustin and wish he was the movie Flash over the mediocre nutjob currently in the role....but the CW show essentially became like Power Rangers in terms of acting ability and special effects...

There are no words.

Just...wow...

Yikes, is this how bad this show has gotten? 

I stopped watching The Flash at the end of season 3. The first two seasons are amazing but the drop off is HUGE. 

Same with Arrow and all CW shows. First twoish seasons are usually great and then a huge drop off of epic proportions. 

I’m guessing the new A League of their Own show is a totally fictionalized version of the all American womens baseball league in the 1940s. In an effort to be more inclusive like everything is now, they’re pretending extreme racism and segregation wasn’t a thing back then and that gay acceptance was. Everything in Hollywood is a fairytale now lol. I am excited for the show anyway, the movie was one of the most watched movies in my house when I was a kid. 

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m guessing the new A League of their Own show is a totally fictionalized version of the all American womens baseball league in the 1940s. In an effort to be more inclusive like everything is now, they’re pretending extreme racism and segregation wasn’t a thing back then and that gay acceptance was. Everything in Hollywood is a fairytale now lol. I am excited for the show anyway, the movie was one of the most watched movies in my house when I was a kid. 

I always thought the original movie handled that very well. Didn't need to get overwrought with the issue and try to sermonize or beat the audience over the head with it in some sort of greater message. 

A quick scene that was subtle and fully acknowledged it, and then moved on. 

• Like 4

Binged the rest of season 3 of For All Mankind yesterday since I've been home sick since returning from vacation. Gotta say, even though they keep adding more layers to the drama, they execute it really, really well. Honestly, probably my favorite show since SoA went off the air.

Also, I laughed that the lowest rated episode of the season just so happened to be the one with the gay storyline. Didn't know bigots were into alt-history.

Edited by beekay414