What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 10/15/2022 at 7:11 PM, Malfatron said:

Midnight clubs first episode is pretty engaging

Edit: through three and its pretty interesting. Definitely not to the level of his other stuff, but its fine.

I'll have to check it out. Wasn't really a fan of Bly Manor but loved Mike Flanagan's other stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I'll have to check it out. Wasn't really a fan of Bly Manor but loved Mike Flanagan's other stuff. 

Same. He’s one of the bigger names in horror of late. I just read he grew up in Salem, Massachusetts which is pretty cool. Can definitely understand growing up there cultivating an interest in developing scary stories. 

32 minutes ago, StevenK said:

My wife and I binged The Watcher. Really good and eerie finish. The irony we just bought our house about a month ago, so my wife was on guard lol 

I haven’t seen it yet but I saw the automatic preview that Netflix shows.  I hope that Bobby Cannavale’s character immediately went to his garage to grab whatever he needed to cut down the arugula and bushes on his side of the fence after his neighbor disrespected him about it.  😂

Edited by thrILL!

Watching the revival of The Mole on Netflix. I was a big fan of the original(non-celebrity) show and pretty addicted to this too. I know it’s trashy TV, but I can’t stop watching. 

The Mole is good, man. New host is no Anderson Cooper but I like her. Can't wait for the last two episodes although if it's another season where the Mole is the least suspecting person I'll be pissed. The Mole's job is to sabotage, not to be less suspecting to the viewers. 

• Like 1

Watching the revival of The Mole on Netflix. I was a big fan of the original(non-celebrity) show and pretty addicted to this too. I know it’s trashy TV, but I can’t stop watching. 

I only watched the first mole and i remember it being great. This was before the whole saturation of reality game shows though

13 hours ago, swoosh said:

The Mole is good, man. New host is no Anderson Cooper but I like her. Can't wait for the last two episodes although if it's another season where the Mole is the least suspecting person I'll be pissed. The Mole's job is to sabotage, not to be less suspecting to the viewers. 

I think it's more fun when the audience has to make guesses too so I don't mind it. I like the show but it feels so over produced, and I especially dislike the reaction shots that come with reality TV. It seems so fake.

Spoiler

The episode where they're chained together and someone can either free everyone or take an exemption and sleep in a hotel. There's no reason for a non-mole to ever not take the exemption there. Freeing everyone would be incredibly suspicious to me.

• Like 1

I’ll try to post this without making myself appear a bigot. I couldn’t get into the watchmen show because they made it racially charged with nothing really to tie it to the original material in regards to message, feel, and slim pickings to make it even seem same universe. The demand for inclusion in recent years in all works can be fine but for the most part feels oversaturated and disingenuous. I’m all for the new Little Mermaid in regards to changing it up, in fact, I probably wouldn’t have cared at all about it if it had stayed the same as it’s always been. But this show is just feeding a racial narrative of black vs white. Rorschach being the beacon for white supremacy is disgusting, he was a well written complex character: a brusque investigator that stood for violence for the sake of justice and truth. They didn’t have to try to make this story so relevant to modern social politics. 

Im giving the show another go though and hope to see it with a less critical perspective. 

• Like 1

I think it's more fun when the audience has to make guesses too so I don't mind it. I like the show but it feels so over produced, and I especially dislike the reaction shots that come with reality TV. It seems so fake.

Reveal hidden contents

The episode where they're chained together and someone can either free everyone or take an exemption and sleep in a hotel. There's no reason for a non-mole to ever not take the exemption there. Freeing everyone would be incredibly suspicious to me.

Oh yeah, I agree. I don't want it to be obvious, that would be no fun. It's more of a reference to one of the older seasons where the mole single handily put more money into the pot with one decision than they took away by sabotaging. 

I could see it being a few people this season. I love the element of non-moles trying to appear like the mole to throw people off on the quizzes. Would love an episode at the end where all the players talked about their strategies. 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’ll try to post this without making myself appear a bigot.

They didn’t have to try to make this story so relevant to modern social politics.

That post was the TV show equivalent of shut up and dribble.  🤦🏻‍♂️