What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

@Outpost31 youre ******* wrong

These ministories from the Midnight Club are awesome and is the reason why mike adapted this book

8 episodes in and as with all Mikes stuff, its damn good

You’re wrong.

I didn’t get far enough in to actually get to any of the ministories.

I got as far as not liking any of the terminally ill characters. Stopped watching it after I realized I wanted the kid with leukemia to die before the leukemia could get to him.

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I didn’t get far enough in to actually get to any of the ministories.

Any of them?

Thats like watching Tales from the Crypt and shutting it off in the first 3 minutes because you didnt like the Cryptkeeper's puns

The show really does get betrer as it goes on.

Edited by Malfatron

37 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Any of them?

Thats like watching Tales from the Crypt and shutting it off in the first 3 minutes because you didnt like the Cryptkeeper's puns

The show really does get betrer as it goes on.

Like… I literally just tried this again and the very first story is annoying the **** out of me.

It’s playing like a horror spoof.

Like let’s throw 17 jump scares into 11 seconds of screen time.

But before that let’s have a dying girl crawling on a table like a cat.

Malf are you trolling me?

I hate this. WTF am I watching?

WTF was that ****?

Like literally 17 times they threw the exact same jump scare into less than a minute of screen time.

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

@Outpost31 youre ******* wrong

These ministories from the Midnight Club are awesome and is the reason why mike adapted this book

8 episodes in and as with all Mikes stuff, its damn good

He's wrong on a lot of **** but likes to think he's not. He's a prime example of why we need to embrace the "what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for others" mantra. Man thinks he has the answers for certain films and genres but he's too busy bitching about it on a sports forum rather than actually putting himself out there and doing something about it. Don't waste the keystrokes.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's wrong on a lot of **** but likes to think he's not. He's a prime example of why we need to embrace the "what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for others" mantra. Man thinks he has the answers for certain films and genres but he's too busy bitching about it on a sports forum rather than actually putting himself out there and doing something about it. Don't waste the keystrokes.

Lol, that one cuts deep my feelings are hurt.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Like… I literally just tried this again and the very first story is annoying the **** out of me.

It’s playing like a horror spoof.

Like let’s throw 17 jump scares into 11 seconds of screen time.

But before that let’s have a dying girl crawling on a table like a cat.

Malf are you trolling me?

I hate this. WTF am I watching?

WTF was that ****?

Like literally 17 times they threw the exact same jump scare into less than a minute of screen time.

Thats literally the point of that one.

Its supposed to be terrible.

All the stories arent like that and theres 1-2 per episode

Edited by Malfatron

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Thats literally the point of that one.

Its supposed to be terrible.

All the stories arent like that and theres 1-2 per episode

I'm giving this a second chance because of your recommendation, but I really dislike all the characters. The lead is a Mary Sue, the Irish girl's attitude... Like, it's understandable, but it's not working for me watching it. The rest... I mean I'm two episodes in and I think there are three male characters and three additional female characters, but I couldn't tell one of them apart from the other as far as them having any sort of actual... Character.

Not a fan of the format, either. The billion jump scares one might have been effective if not for 37 interruptions of the story. I'm on the Double Dana one and it's meh.

Not a fan of it at all.

As far as that being the point of the first one... Eh, don't really think so. Think they were probably trying to have their cake and eat it, too.

Ultimately, I think Mike Flanagan is losing it. Ouija: Origin of Evil, Gerald's Game, Doctor Sleep and the Haunting of Hill House were all excellent. He hasn't made anything I've liked since.

Midnight Mass started out having me losing my **** in excitement, but had one of the worst declines I can remember.