What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The billion jump scares one might have been effective if not for 37 interruptions of the story.

It was an admonishment of using jump scares as a storytelling technique. It wasnt supposed to be effective.

Also, regarding the characters

I thought that it was just pretty good through a few episodes, but it got better as it went on, amd developed more heart. The stories have been improving as the characters started opening up to each other more

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

It was an admonishment of using jump scares as a storytelling technique. It wasnt supposed to be effective.

Granted, but the admonishment should have come once it was over.

She was admonished by that one dude, then did it like 17 more times after she was admonished for it.

It COULD have been effective, and that’s what I dislike about it.

Togetherness wasn’t a bad show. I’m partial to it because I’m now in my 30’s too, love Mark Duplass, Melanie Lindskey has nice tiddies, and the other girl totally reminds me of an aunt I liked that isn’t in the family anymore. 

On 10/26/2022 at 11:26 AM, MikeT14 said:

I finally caught up on Only Murders Season 1 so wife and I could do Season 2.

Literally episode 1 of S2 has Michael Rappaport and Amy Schumer and I'm debating if I even continue. 

Amy isn’t really in it all that much at all after that, MR slightly more.

• Like 1

@Malfatron, I’m sorry but I give up.

I strongly dislike The Midnight Club.

But Cabinet of Curiosities…

This is the horror anthology I’ve been waiting for my whole life. There’s been one story I didn’t like, one I disliked, but both of those were extremely well-made.

Annnnnnnnd it’ll probably be cancelled.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 5:15 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'm actually really digging 'The Time Traveler's Wife'.  My wife put it on when I was trying to go to sleep and it just sucked me in, lol.

I tried the first episode and I was kind of out on it. I thought it the first episode was kind of bad. Does it get better, or is it just one of those situations where you accidentally watched enough of it that you got invested and decided to finish? 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This is the horror anthology I’ve been waiting for my whole life. There’s been one story I didn’t like, one I disliked, but both of those were extremely well-made.

Watched the Autopsy episode last night and it was fantastic. The first episode with Tim Blake Nelson was well done. Heard the Lovecraft based episodes are meh. But looking forward to watching the rest. Tried to watch the "lotion episode" last night but the girl with the freaky eyes weirded me out too much. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Watched the Autopsy episode last night and it was fantastic. The first episode with Tim Blake Nelson was well done. Heard the Lovecraft based episodes are meh. But looking forward to watching the rest. Tried to watch the "lotion episode" last night but the girl with the freaky eyes weirded me out too much. 

Yeah, I hated that lotion episode. Hated every minute of it, and that episode is in every single anthology series. The magic cream/diet/whatever episode.

It was well done, but directionless and pointless.

Hated it. Worst ending, too.

But the series overall is fantastic.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Its not for everyone but i liked it

14 hours ago, Forge said:

I tried the first episode and I was kind of out on it. I thought it the first episode was kind of bad. Does it get better, or is it just one of those situations where you accidentally watched enough of it that you got invested and decided to finish? 

I actually didn't see most of the first episode.  As it goes on it tends to be a little less soapy and much more heartfelt.

• Like 1