What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 10/24/2022 at 6:36 PM, seminoles1 said:

I did not like the ending of Silicon Valley. They tried to have their cake and eat it and I think they came up short.

Starting Happy Endings.

Also did not like the ending of Happy Endings, but that was cut short so I can forgive it. Overall a funny show. Dave and Max became more unbearable, but I enjoyed it.

Starting Episodes now.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:46 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone watching Let the Right One In on Showtime? Thoughts?

Watched the first two episodes and so far, so good. A different take on the vampire lore but not necessarily a unique one. The two main child actors are doing a great job. 

Not saying it's a much watch or anything but it might be worth your time if that's your thing

Ok, that Cabinet of Curiosities show ended up really sucking. Most of the episodes are horribly bad, but I did really enjoy that first one at the storage locker building.

The one with the gravedigger/rats was pretty good, although it shared a surprising number of plot points from an old Goosebumps episode.

Was pumped for episode 7 because Eric Andre and Steve Agee are in it, but holy hell nothing happens until 45 minutes in and it still isn't much

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Ok, that Cabinet of Curiosities show ended up really sucking. Most of the episodes are horribly bad, but I did really enjoy that first one at the storage locker building.

The one with the gravedigger/rats was pretty good, although it shared a surprising number of plot points from an old Goosebumps episode.

Was pumped for episode 7 because Eric Andre and Steve Agee are in it, but holy hell nothing happens until 45 minutes in and it still isn't much

Yea kind of agree. It def lost it's luster as it went on. The first episode was great, the Autopsy episode was amazing. I had really high hopes for the rest. Every other episode I've attempted since has been a slag to get through. I watched the Ornithologist one last night and was totally bored out of my mind and forced myself to finish it. The Lotion episode was garbage, the art episode with Crispen Glover was ok I guess. Still have a couple others but my enthusiasm for it is dwindling.

• Like 1

I’m not trying to talk **** or anything, just general bemusement…

I don’t know how people watch true crime stuff like the Dahmer series.

I just can’t stomach it. I can watch monsters eviscerate people, and I can even tolerate fictional human on human violence in movies, but when this **** actually happened, I just can’t do it.

It’s too ****ed up. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not trying to talk **** or anything, just general bemusement…

I don’t know how people watch true crime stuff like the Dahmer series.

I just can’t stomach it. I can watch monsters eviscerate people, and I can even tolerate fictional human on human violence in movies, but when this **** actually happened, I just can’t do it.

It’s too ****ed up. 

I like a lot of true crime stuff, but I just didn't need the Dahmer series. I watched one episode and checked out. 

On 11/3/2022 at 1:55 PM, seminoles1 said:

Also did not like the ending of Happy Endings, but that was cut short so I can forgive it. Overall a funny show. Dave and Max became more unbearable, but I enjoyed it.

Starting Episodes now.

A very rushed ending. No time jumps at all through 4.5 seasons, then suddenly the last 2 episodes start rushing forward and skipping good potential stories. I'm guessing LeBlanc had a lot to do with that so he could go make Man With a Plan, which was a horrible decision. A shame because there could have been another 15-20 episodes I think.

I was also disappointed with the character of LeBlanc after the first season. He was a lot more intelligent than expected and had some depth and nuance early on, but they dumbed him down and a lot of his motivation as a person (being with his kids) was thrown to the side. Turned into a slightly smarter Joey Tribbiani.

Overall a good show, but didn't reach its potential and rushed to the end.

Edited by seminoles1

On 11/8/2022 at 5:00 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Inside Man on Netflix was kind of pointless to me. Unless they are setting up multiple seasons with Tucci and Tennant and this was an introduction. Otherwise they should have had their own separate shows. 

I'm an episode in and the Tennant part of this show has a really stupid origin

• Like 1