What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I watched a couple episodes of Chrisley Knows Best when I was in the hospital in December. It revolves around real estate tycoon Todd Chrisley and his family and they’re all insufferable, annoying dbags and the only point of watching is the unachievable hope that they get injured or drown in a swimming pool or something. 

Well the wish was finally granted; the parents are going to prison for 19 total years for tax evasion and fraud. It’s probably wrong to laugh about but I did when I saw it. It’s criminal to just end the show without having one last season of them in rich people prison while the mouth breathing kids figure out how to live in poverty with no life skills

I found Todd pretty funny. They lived in around my area in GA.

Wednesday.

I like it so far.

Wednesday is perfectly cast.

Although Gomez is definitely not, and falls into the sitcom trope of shlubby guy and hot wife

Its pretty obvious halfway though ep 1 that

Spoiler

enid is the killer

But we will see.

All in all a good watch so far if you just take it for what it is.

I like that it has some teeth so far. U was expecting none

Spoiler

(wednesday actually killing two kids in the pool at that school)

Three episodes into Halt and catch fire. 

Lee pace should be a bigger thing. He's surprisingly magnetic. I remember him from wonderfalls in a small supporting role but never saw him carry a scene how he does in this. In bodies bodies bodies he was great comic relief but that's ax different sort of thing. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Lee pace should be a bigger thing. He's surprisingly magnetic. I remember him from wonderfalls in a small supporting role but never saw him carry a scene how he does in this. In bodies bodies bodies he was great comic relief but that's ax different sort of thing. 

I looked him up because i was unfamiliar with that name, and oddly found that he starred in The Fall, a movie that i quite liked and then completely forgot that it ever existed for decades until i was reminded of it just now

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-fall-2008

jUx4P4Q1VsQ07rLz7sOlSyNm4F3.jpg

• Like 1

Rewatching Game of Thrones after finishing the books. It’s so nice getting the scenery and visuals since my imagination isn’t the strongest. 

I’m going to talk about it as I watch it and evaluate as if I hadn’t watched it years ago. Petyr Baelish, Viserys. Joffrey, and Arya might be the best castings. Robert is okay but I can’t believe he was ever a warrior. Cersei and Jaime end up key characters in the show but they both start out a little withered, Jaime in particular was weak in the beginning, he doesn’t have Jaime’s easy confidence or hubris. All the stark kids are casted decently enough, I like that they all have different accents too. Sansa just isn’t a very good actress. Tyrion starts off slow but gets better. Eddard actor is spot on but his character just feels weird in it solely because his character doesn’t last long. All the Dothraki were kinda dorkily casted outside of Momoa who was pretty perfect for Drogo. Daenerys is pretty good from the get go. Jorah is perfect in face and voice but his body doesn’t fit the “bear of bear island” description. Barristan Selmy might be my least favorite casting, but mostly because I pictured him totally different. 

The pilot episode sucked, it felt as cheap as it looked and the acting wasn’t enough to pull you in. There’s a reason people came for the nudity and stayed for the eventual story imo. The first really well done scene imo is episode 4 when Catelyn is at the crossroads inn and calls upon her fathers bannermen to capture Tyrion for conspiring to kill Bran. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:38 PM, Ty21 said:

Robert is okay but I can’t believe he was ever a warrior. 

I feel like that's the point. I thought Addy did a fantastic job overall. The only thing I don't like about him is he's so short. Robert in the books is the same size as the Hound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I feel like that's the point. I thought Addy did a fantastic job overall. The only thing I don't like about him is he's so short. Robert in the books is the same size as the Hound.

That’s most of the reason why I said it. 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 1

This season of Great British Bakeoff was kind of a slog, but there just weren't any bakers I fell in love with like every other season. I do hope they keep this cast going for as long as possible. Noel and Matt are fantastic together and so darn charming. Prue is an international treasure, and Paul plays his character perfectly 

Edited by adamq

On 11/24/2022 at 12:21 AM, Forge said:

Through 2 seasons now. 

This was really a good show. 

On 11/24/2022 at 5:35 AM, Malfatron said:

I looked him up because i was unfamiliar with that name, and oddly found that he starred in The Fall, a movie that i quite liked and then completely forgot that it ever existed for decades until i was reminded of it just now

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the-fall-2008

He also starred in a show called Pushing Daises which was a very charming little ditty of a show. 

I have one episode left of 1899.  I LOVE the cast/characters.  I won't spoil anything because each episode there is usually another twist or another reveal, but I can't tell if I love it or it's above average.  If everything lands then it will go down as one of my favorites this year and I'm immediately going into Dark next.

But I'm definitely fascinated by all the different languages.  Sometimes it's funny watching a Danish woman yelling and a Spanish man staring at her clueless.

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I have one episode left of 1899.  I LOVE the cast/characters.  I won't spoil anything because each episode there is usually another twist or another reveal, but I can't tell if I love it or it's above average.  If everything lands then it will go down as one of my favorites this year and I'm immediately going into Dark next.

But I'm definitely fascinated by all the different languages.  Sometimes it's funny watching a Danish woman yelling and a Spanish man staring at her clueless.

Just watched Episode 1, really intrigued with where it's going. Further evidence of my long standing theory that children are creepy.

Loved Dark so I'm sure I'll like this even more as it picks up.