What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Do you recommend watching in German with subtitles?

Yes, but I actually just watch everything with subtitles on anyway.

For Dark specifically, I found the syncing issues with dubs to be distracting, and I think a lot of the original performance is lost with the dubs. 

9 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Yes, but I actually just watch everything with subtitles on anyway.

For Dark specifically, I found the syncing issues with dubs to be distracting, and I think a lot of the original performance is lost with the dubs. 

Always watch a performance in its original language.  So much nuance is lost in dubbing.  I watched Squid Game last year in Korean with English subtitles and a few weeks later my twins were watching it dubbed and I saw a couple scenes and it's a night and day difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Man the game of thrones show took too many liberties from the books. I don’t like a lot of these decisions and changes to characters. Season 1 was the book on screen but season 2 it shows considerable difference. 

Just wait for the Battle of Blackwater Bay

Woof

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Just wait for the Battle of Blackwater Bay

Woof

:(

-I hate that they neutered Petyr’s cunning by making all his schemes other people’s ideas so far

-Jon Snow is a huge idiot and everything north of the wall was disappointingly done. Making him get hoodwinked by Ygritte instead of letting her go made him look like a dunce. Qhorin in the book seemed to respect and understand the wildlings and knew the path ahead. This storyline instead just cast everything aside  

-they combined Sansa and Lollys character to make Sansa the sexual assault victim and speaks out against the Lannisters, when pretending to be a puppet is partially why she lived in the books 

-too much compassion for Tywin. He seems weak and affectionate. In the book he’s stone cold and your only valuable to him as a chess (or cyvasse) piece. 
-I understand Dany’s world is hard to do because she’s moving so quickly but Qarth wasn’t well done. But goes to show what I remember of the show from years ago: when it’s too hard to write about or explain, just kill it