What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

The way they go back and build all the characterizations of the side characters is super well done

And some of the character arcs are just wonderful.

The

Reveal hidden contents

anyone can die

aspect established early on makes me really concerned about my favorites.

Also, the jack of hearts game would make a great FF comp

33 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Holy **** they took Jaime’s taking back of riverrun without violence and made it Brienne’s idea? Ugh 

Will Jaime be allowed to have his own original idea at all in this?

Wow did they **** up the entire Tully/Riverrun storyline or what…? That actually sucked 

When I first watched GoT I assumed the battle of the bastards and wildfire nuking of the sept of baelor were parts of the book. I honestly think season 6 might be my favorite so far. Every character becomes fully and believably their character, the plots are still concise outside of murdering Dorne, many faced god, iron island and a few others, the budget is there to fully flesh out the world cosmetically and otherwise. The back half of the season was just great. I hope GRRM goes the same route with a few things incorporated in this season, like the few already mentioned. I know he was in the writing room for a lot of the show too. 

My biggest complaint for the finale of the show (still have two seasons left on current watch through) was Jaime’s redemption arc being cast aside but in the show he stayed a simp until Cersei became a mass murdering monster. The book doesn’t feel like he’ll have interest in that same ending but so far in the show it doesn’t feel like a major departure from what we’ve seen. I may change my mind once I see more of rogue Jaime in season 7+8. 

Baelish’s desperation is out of character for him but then again he wasn’t written as sharp in the show as he was in the book, he kinda plots around based on others suggestions lol. Feels like he backed himself into a corner with Sansa and now he’s f***ed and I doubt that happens in the books, but maybe so once all his chess pieces have fallen like in the show. 

Melisandre’s departure was pivotal because Jon Snow had Supernatural plot armor with her around. Even though he requested a DNR, she could bring him back at any point and if she’s away, his death is final. 

Having real Sansa marry Ramsay was a lot more compelling than the book having him marry fake Arya and having Theon break to save her. It felt a lot more believable that he would for Sansa. 

Im not sure why it was ever not obvious Dany was going to go mad king on everyone. She is a vicious and rash decision maker at times. 

Tyrion was sharp in the books and often used his wit to get out of trouble. I particularly liked when he and Jorah got caught by slavers and he yells exasperatedly at them to wait and then survives by saying he has a big pp. Also liked the part they actually got caught. They’re crouching and looking at the ship and directly to their right are like 8 dudes just staring at them lol. 

I also love that they brought back the Hound. He’s a favorite of mine and I hope the book can bring him back too. 

Brienne in the book is a chivalrous oaf that acts with honor but otherwise is just aloof outside of survivability skills. Her suggesting various things like planting in Jaime’s head how he should take down Riverrun really annoyed me. 

arya’s time overseas was definitely too abrupt. In the books, at the point she heads to Westeros in the show, she’s actually progressing further into the faceless men stuff. It was satisfying seeing her kill that ***** Walder Frey, but I figure in the book that may be reserved for Catelyn stark still. 

the last two episodes being as great as they were might’ve bloated my perception on the whole season, but at the very least it makes me think the show hadn’t started sucking yet at this point. I do still wish though that I hadn’t read the books because it made the show feel 10x worse 

Edited by Ty21

Season 4 of BCS done. Really enjoyed it. I think I like 3 better, but it wouldn't be by much. I'm finding Jimmy to be less likeable, where I felt more bad for him previously. I guess I'm finally getting that Saul transformation I wanted, warts and all.

I get that Kim gets a rush for doing illegal/immoral stuff, but it seemed out of character when she was pushing Jimmy to do things. I think the final episode may have been her realizing he's really not a great guy. Season 5 starts tomorrow!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:03 AM, INbengalfan said:

Juist watched Murderville over two days.  Solid to great, but the chemistry with the Schitts creek actress was awkward, to say the least.

Boy I just can't stand Will Arnett in much of anything besides Arrested Development. I enjoyed season 1 of Lego Masters, but his character is just so much it became hard to watch for me and i gave up in season 2.. same happened with this show and I couldn't finish the 1st episode 

We've been watching the Junior Baking Show and it's a treat (😉

No Paul/Prue and its a different host, but the kids are hilarious and impressive bakers, good show to put on the TV and half pay attention to while browsing the interwebs

36 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Bojack?

One of my favorites. It's been so long since the finale I forgot all about it 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Wife and I started Andor last night and uh, I feel like nothing happened? 

I said the same thing after 2 episodes. Keep going!

• Like 1