What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 1/7/2023 at 2:19 PM, Ty21 said:

My thoughts on the first half of season 8

-Arya Gendry sex scene: totally cringe and unneeded 

.....and awkward as hell.  I binged the entire series in about 6 weeks.  2nd week of November, Arya is a little kid, and her  direwolf is attacking Joffrey.....Mid-December, she is dropping trou with Gendry.  You are right.  It was cringy.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:00 PM, Malfatron said:

Yep, totally agree with that

Im gonna steal that (and a couple others) for a minigame comp

When it was down to just the couple of them, all I kept saying to myself was "WIFOM! WIFOM! WIFOM!"

EDIT: Wait, actually this was the King of Diamonds game where I said that...lol when it was down to just him and the KOD.

My favorite game so far has been the Queen of Spades. Before I knew about the shock thing, I told my buddy that my strategy would just be have everyone stay in one area. After you get tagged in one round, you just have your king tag you back the next round. At the end you're guaranteed to have more people than the Queen does.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

And the second half of season 8:

-Bran’s actor did a good job with the cold, chilly, confident demeanor of the 3 eyed raven. He was cast very young so I think he does a pretty decent job with it 

-Brienne and Jaime ship didn’t need to happen either lol. 

-Rhaegol’s death was annoying and pointless. Wish they would’ve just had him severely injured and trapped on an island off kings landing. If they hadn’t killed rhaegal, Jon likely would’ve been able to ride him and keep dany in check 

-Tyrion siding against his friend in Varys to support Dany is kinda heartbreaking. Varys was deliberate in everything he did his whole life and took a shot here to do what he claimed to want the whole time: support the rightful king of Westeros. Rip 

-Jaime’s arc betrayal is easier to stomach this time. Jaime should’ve stayed with Brienne obviously, but for how long it took him to eventually leave Cersei (didn’t even feel like his decision either), it still made sense for him to go back for her  

-Cersei and Jaime death was poorly done just in that they should’ve had the entire room collapse. Having them dead in the only part of the entire chamber that collapsed just looked stupid even though they couldn’t have known where it would cave in. I was thinking as they went in the room they should’ve just chilled in the dragon’s skull, which ended up not even touched

-the ending and Dany’s downfall is a culmination of everyone dany trusts and likes dying around her until she feels she can only rule by brute force and loses herself. Without missandei and Jorah to consult her, she wasn’t able to keep herself in check and went crazy  

-the attack on kings landing is the craziest thing to happen in the show, even if it’s always been building to that. I tried to find Aaron Rodgers dying cameo but didn’t notice it, so I watched highlights of the Lions Packers game to the same effect 

-everything post NK kill by Arya is weak. She went to braavos to become a stone cold, emotionless badass but the whole ending she’s panicking, losing her ****, placing herself in Stark/Westeros politics, being highly emotional about everything. None of that made sense for the character they made her into 

-they did a good job of making Jon’s murder of Dany an incredibly difficult decision and even unlikely one for him

-I like that drogon didn’t want to kill Jon but idk why it cared about destroying the iron throne lol. Dragons are said to be smarter than humans but the throne didn’t mean anything at all symbolically to a dragon.

-I originally HATED the ending, hated where every characters plot ended. Jon ending up back on the wall and living with the wildlings is his ideal outcome though, he had no interest in ruling so him not being king is all for the better, and he felt more alive as a wildling than any other point.
-Bran becoming the king to break the wheel makes total sense, but felt like a total betrayal at the time. I don’t hate it now, but it was different when I had characters I was rooting for and their fates not known 

-Arya going west of Westeros sets up a future in an American version of Westeros if HBO wasn’t broke. The Westeros map is almost the UK flipped upside down and has tons of UK history changed here and there to weave the story of game of thrones. I wouldn’t want an American Westeros or one that borrows from American history either, unless it was all done with totally vague events the general population doesn’t know of.  
-Sansa ruling the north is okay I guess, I never cared about her. Also the Sothyros Grey worm plot might’ve been a neat little series just to see what can be done.

-probably for the best HBO is broke and likely won’t be able to do so many GOT spin-offs because GRRM needs to ****ing finish the winds of winter lol 

All in all, I actually didnt hate this ending as much. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen it and accept that it was set up to end like that and it’s all they could do. NK was butchered but this was fine. 
NK finale: 2/10, I still hate it

KL finale: 7/10, it made sense if you didn’t go in wanting to hate it

Edited by Ty21

On 1/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, Malfatron said:

Why didnt Dany fly right toward cersei and take her out?

Imo cause she’d won and wanted to savor it. Once she took out the scorpions, she had free reign to do whatever. And she was kinda crazy. It is odd to me that Cersei could’ve totally gotten away though lol. No one checked to see if she was dead until Tyrion went looking for her. If the tunnel had still been in tact, she and Jaime could’ve just rowed away on Euron’s little boat 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

-Bran becoming the king to break the wheel makes total sense, but felt like a total betrayal at the time. I don’t hate it now, but it was different when I had characters I was rooting for and their fates not known 

There's a YouTube video out there of an 'Evil Bran/3 Eyed Raven' manipulating everything to this outcome that would have been a 10x better ending.  The argument being that Bran is gone and has been gone for a long time, the 3 Eyed Raven was the real villain of the story.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

There's a YouTube video out there of an 'Evil Bran/3 Eyed Raven' manipulating everything to this outcome that would have been a 10x better ending.  The argument being that Bran is gone and has been gone for a long time, the 3 Eyed Raven was the real villain of the story.

I could see it. The NK and 3ER were a children of the forest construct and the children of the forest lost everything to the people that really had to suffer the nk 

I just finished season 5 of BCS. It was good overall. I think I'd rank it 3rd behind seasons 3 and 4. But they're all really good. I'm not a fan of Kim's semi heel turn but it is what it is. Hopefully there will be some crossover stuff in the final season like Fring coming across some blue, etc. Season 6 starts tomorrow.