What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 6/3/2023 at 12:43 AM, Malfatron said:

I googled "insipid show that a beef fan wouldnt like"

Bar rescue (whatever that is) was the first hit

Seeing insipid and beef in the same sentence is making me think of the burgers my mom made when I was a kid before she heard of seasoning 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 4:24 PM, Ty21 said:

Friday Night Lights introduced a kid that got out of juvie and the Garrity’s use their pull to get him a job and football tryouts. They time him in the 40 and say “he ran a four seventeen” lol. He’s wearing like dishwasher/kitchen shoes and the clip of him running was the least athletic 5.2 40 I’ve seen since Eisen. They really didn’t even try to make that believable. 
I also decided to make a list of Tami Taylor’s sins that I will release at the end of the series but I imagine she’ll end up the most terrible female character ever in a tv show for me. 
Also, not only do I not mind the paralyzed Street stuff now, I think his acting is one of the strengths of the show. They’re jumping through new hurdles every couple episodes just to justify his screen time. His life is unmatched in drama so far. 

Not sure what season you’re on, but the season 4 finale when Tim tells his brother he is taking the fall, brings a tear to my eye. “You’re my brother, this is what I’ve decided”

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not sure what season you’re on, but the season 4 finale when Tim tells his brother he is taking the fall, brings a tear to my eye. “You’re my brother, this is what I’ve decided”

I’m pretty close to you then. The Becky chick just terminated her pregnancy w Luke Cafferty 

I might have to watch it twice but The Idol’s pilot episode was the worst pilot I’ve seen for HBO in a minute. Show is pretty mid and doesn’t seem like it’s going to be great. 

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I might have to watch it twice but The Idol’s pilot episode was the worst pilot I’ve seen for HBO in a minute. Show is pretty mid and doesn’t seem like it’s going to be great. 

It's been butchered in reviews.  I watched the trailer, didn't look good, don't plan on watching it.

Landry is the biggest a-hole on Friday Night Lights and the show tries to pretends he’s not. He has incel energy even though he’s reeled some hotties. Then he called out QB Vince for sleeping w his gf. You’re the kicker, Vanderjagt. You’re supposed to let the qb **** your gf. Kick the field goals. Shut up. 

29 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Landry is the biggest a-hole on Friday Night Lights and the show tries to pretends he’s not. He has incel energy even though he’s reeled some hotties. Then he called out QB Vince for sleeping w his gf. You’re the kicker, Vanderjagt. You’re supposed to let the qb **** your gf. Kick the field goals. Shut up. 

Agreed the amount of times he walked up to Tyra, Jess got sickening.

• Like 1

Wrapped up S4 of FNL. It’s funny how hard they tried to become The Wire lol. Even had a couple actors carried over. I actually think this one was one of the stronger seasons. Maybe it’s that Lyla’s obnoxiously pointless storylines aren’t there anymore. The football action is probably the worst it’s been. Smash Williams looked like his football stunt double was an actual athlete, Vince’s kinda just looks like an average dude running. If you pay attention to the players that aren’t the focus in a football shot, they’re essentially jogging in place lol. Again, I hate the decision to make Tim Riggins go to jail, any time you do that in a show it’s the mark of death. But he was a burnout that clearly peaked in hs, so his no-college spin out was believable. I just wish they’d cut his character after S3 like they did with Street, Tyra, and Smash, rather than making him go to prison. The scene where Tim tells Billy he’s taking the fall for them was funny too because neither of them are particularly good at emotional acting. Landry got too much screen time. He’s not interesting. Vince’s storyline was contrived but still alright. Right now I’d rank the show by season: 1, 4, 3……………2 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Wrapped up S4 of FNL. It’s funny how hard they tried to become The Wire lol. Even had a couple actors carried over. I actually think this one was one of the stronger seasons. Maybe it’s that Lyla’s obnoxiously pointless storylines aren’t there anymore. The football action is probably the worst it’s been. Smash Williams looked like his football stunt double was an actual athlete, Vince’s kinda just looks like an average dude running. If you pay attention to the players that aren’t the focus in a football shot, they’re essentially jogging in place lol. Again, I hate the decision to make Tim Riggins go to jail, any time you do that in a show it’s the mark of death. But he was a burnout that clearly peaked in hs, so his no-college spin out was believable. I just wish they’d cut his character after S3 like they did with Street, Tyra, and Smash, rather than making him go to prison. The scene where Tim tells Billy he’s taking the fall for them was funny too because neither of them are particularly good at emotional acting. Landry got too much screen time. He’s not interesting. Vince’s storyline was contrived but still alright. Right now I’d rank the show by season: 1, 4, 3……………2 

The game where  they are playing the panthers. It cuts to the panthers wearing the white jerseys, to JD getting yelled at on the sidelines and they’re all wearing purple, then it cuts back to them wearing white.

IDK how you can make a mistake like that lol.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 1:47 PM, Ty21 said:

Yea it was an up and down show. I stuck it through till the end. It's how I found how who Michael B. Jordan was, so there's that.

• Like 1