What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Might have to check it out.  Pete Holmes is awesome.

Season 3 just started. First two seasons were 8 episodes and only 30 mins each. You can digest it easily.

I like how the show carefully balances a story line and cameos from big names. The Bill Burr episode is probably the best Ive seen so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

You.  Was recommended by a friend who said it was similar to Dexter.  Two eps in, and I'm not sure I see the similarities yet, other than the ex bf being locked in the basement book vault.

Its more like Kiss the Girls......I watched like 4 or 5 episodes. The show is boring really.

• Like 1

My wife wants to watch that You show very badly and luckily we've had Shameless to catch up on to distract us. That unfortunately ended last night as we caught up. Am I really in for a terrible time if she convinces me to start it? Her friend that suggested it to her said "it's pretty good but the acting is horrible" and that alone doesn't leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

My wife wants to watch that You show very badly and luckily we've had Shameless to catch up on to distract us. That unfortunately ended last night as we caught up. Am I really in for a terrible time if she convinces me to start it? Her friend that suggested it to her said "it's pretty good but the acting is horrible" and that alone doesn't leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

So far, her friend is half right (the acting part)

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 11:31 PM, thrILL! said:

s4 of Ballers.

These writers have no idea how college football or recruiting really works.  LoL

Rashard Mendenhall is apart of the show. They skipped over some things but the back door politics and regulation breaking is still very much a thing. They've just gotten smarter about it after the whole SMU thing. 

But this show has been going downhill since season 3. It stopped being about The Rock trying to rebuild himself through his new business helping NFL players and started becoming a crusade about everything they think is wrong with the sports world. Wouldnt surprise me if they set it up next season with him trying to expose Trump and the Russian hackers after going to the White House when one of his guys wins the Super Bowl. 

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm enjoying it. It's a good not great show.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Rashard Mendenhall is apart of the show. They skipped over some things but the back door politics and regulation breaking is still very much a thing. They've just gotten smarter about it after the whole SMU thing. 

But this show has been going downhill since season 3. It stopped being about The Rock trying to rebuild himself through his new business helping NFL players and started becoming a crusade about everything they think is wrong with the sports world. Wouldnt surprise me if they set it up next season with him trying to expose Trump and the Russian hackers after going to the White House when one of his guys wins the Super Bowl. 

Yeah they got some aspects right but so much else was frustrating.  I did notice that Mendenhall wrote that episode.  Pretty cool seeing him make that transition.  I imagine the suits had to Hollywood the episode up which is why it went off track.

Spoilers:

Quincy could’ve remained a verbal with Ohio State up until signing day.  That shouldn’t have affected their plan at all.  They completely spazzed out over it.  No way Quincy would’ve been ruled ineligible that fast.  There wasn’t even an investigation.  I didn’t like that we never got to see Spencer talk to Quincy’s mom straight up.  What he did was messed up but she was complicit in so much herself.  Side note: how freaking gorgeous is Joy Bryant?  Wow

Each season has become some new mountain to climb for Spencer and Joe. So exaggerated and no consistency.  There’s a great show in here somewhere but like its brethren Entourage, it got lost along the way.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1