What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

18 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Anyone watching Umbrella Academy on Netflix? Havent had a chance to start it yet.

was just going to come in and say that is what I'm watching.

I thought it was pretty good, starts out too slow with some solid character work done, but no real plot in the first episode. But  now I'm 2.5 episodes into the show and I am hooked, once the plot gets going, it is interesting, though not a show that moves very fast.

I’m watching Forged in Fire. It’s a competition between bladesmiths. Really enjoy the show, especially the final round where the 2 remaining smiths recreate historical weapons of war. Some of the tests they put the different blades through makes me cringe, I imagine it’s way more nerve racking for the smiths that made them. 

"The Night Of" 

Really intense and gritty, with a great portrayal of the flaws (and silver linings) in the criminal justice system. The story and character development were wonderful, and the ending was very fitting, if not traditional.

A

I've got 5 weeks of HBONow and plan to watch True Detective (S3), Westworld, and The Leftovers.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, ET80 said:

I'm trying The Orville. Not funny enough to be funny, not Sci-Fi enough to be science fiction.

It's still... interesting. I'll keep on for a bit, but it's not winning any points with me. 

This show is growing on me. The same issues are there - not sci fi enough, not comedy enough - but it's still a pretty compelling story right now. 

They just had a cliffhanger episode - tomorrow is the "part 2" of what's happening - and I'm actually interested in how this recent development turns out.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

This show is growing on me. The same issues are there - not sci fi enough, not comedy enough - but it's still a pretty compelling story right now. 

They just had a cliffhanger episode - tomorrow is the "part 2" of what's happening - and I'm actually interested in how this recent development turns out.

ive seen a couple star trek fans migrate to the Orville instead of drivel like Star Trek Discovery because Orville is more like tng or the original star trek.

26 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

We would say YES. 

To me that show so far is what walking dead should of been. I'm on episode 13 of season and the character development is phenomenal.  They don't bring in new main characters just to kill them off next episode. That's what turned me off about the walking dead like Noah was there for a cup of coffee and they killed him off.

For being on the Cw I'm shocked how good it is.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

To me that show so far is what walking dead should of been. I'm on episode 13 of season and the character development is phenomenal.  They don't bring in new main characters just to kill them off next episode. That's what turned me off about the walking dead like Noah was there for a cup of coffee and they killed him off.

For being on the Cw I'm shocked how good it is.

Yeah, there were a few minor irritations throughout, but that goes for any series after years. I grew to really hate Jasper, but I'll leave it at that. 

The Walking Dead, I gave up on a season or two back. Was just one more miserable turn after another. I'm a fan of the actor who plays Negan, but I instantly loathed Negan's personality.