What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

25 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Hhmm, which would I pick to be on a stranded island with Raven, Lexa, Emori or Echo

Pffff... I'm only having trouble deciding between the two prettiest... Raven or Octavia. Probably go with the former but there's just something so wickedly scrumptious about the latter. 

• Like 1

I finally finished S1 of The Punisher after much procrastinating and started S2 yesterday. 3 episodes in, kinda slow thus far, but I hear it picks up later on.

But yeah, S1 was dope, especially towards the end of the season. Jon Bernthal nails the character of Frank Castle to a T, easily the best live-action iteration of the character.

Edited by KManX89

5 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I finally finished S1 of The Punisher after much procrastinating and started S2 yesterday. 3 episodes in, kinda slow thus far, but I hear it picks up later on.

But yeah, S1 was dope, especially towards the end of the season. Jon Bernthal nails the character of Frank Castle to a T, easily the best live-action iteration of the character.

Haven't seen it yet, but plan to someday. Like the main character and general plot. Is it all testosterone action, or is it something the Mrs. would watch with me, ya think?

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Haven't seen it yet, but plan to someday. Like the main character and general plot. Is it all testosterone action, or is it something the Mrs. would watch with me, ya think?

There are definitely some brutal set pieces (that's to be expected, this is the Punisher we're talking about), one in particular really made my stomach churn in S1E12, but the story really gets interesting towards the end with some somber character moments preceding it. I guess it all depends on how much violence the wife can stomach. Is she into R-rated stuff?

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

There are definitely some brutal set pieces (that's to be expected, this is the Punisher we're talking about), one in particular really made my stomach churn in S1E12, but the story really gets interesting towards the end with some somber character moments preceding it. I guess it all depends on how much violence the wife can stomach. Is she into R-rated stuff?

Well, she has gone through med school... even talked about carrying around a bucket of human heads.. so yeah.. strong stomach no problem.

I was talking more about "guy stuff overload"... you know.. nothing but shooting, fisticuffs, strutting around tough guy stuff, she yawns over. If there is good character development and relationships.. some good discussion drama.. and suspense beyond flaming trucks over a cliff or gun fights every 12 seconds, she may find it worthy. 

If people like stand up comedy, I'd say Bill Burr is among the best of all time, and he has a few on Netflix, I believe. He also does a Monday Morning Podcast each week.. sometimes twice a week maybe. Dude is just hilarious. I put him right up there with my old favorite, George Carlin.. (RIP).. despite Bill being a Pats fan. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

ive seen a couple star trek fans migrate to the Orville instead of drivel like Star Trek Discovery because Orville is more like tng or the original star trek.

Admittedly, I was never a Star Trek guy - closest I got to that was the reboots with Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Gamora.

This is all kind of new to me, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

If people like stand up comedy, I'd say Bill Burr is among the best of all time, and he has a few on Netflix, I believe. He also does a Monday Morning Podcast each week.. sometimes twice a week maybe. Dude is just hilarious. I put him right up there with my old favorite, George Carlin.. (RIP).. despite Bill being a Pats fan. 

He's the EP of the animated show "F is for Family" on Netflix, and is also the voice of the dad/main character. It's dark humor - like, really dark - but hilarious.

5 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Sebastian Maniscolo (so?) Is hilarious too. He's got 2 or 3 specials on Netflix.