What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Just now, TENINCH said:

I got 3 episodes in and couldn't understand the appeal. My sister is a big fan of that show though.

The Fartbook episode completely took me out, so I would skip that one.

But yeah the goth dudes are completely not needed. The main cast and the hockey dudes are pretty funny.

Good for a laugh here and there.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, oldman9er said:

We would say YES. 

I watched the first episode because it sounded interesting.  

It's like some strange mix of Star Trek, Lord of the Flies, and Survivor.  I honestly thought the premise was a little strange.  Like i get that those 100 people were "expendable", but still seems strange that you wouldn't send some other trustworthy volunteers down with them to make sure things went more smoothly.

I did think it was interesting that Richard Harmon (John Murphy) plays the same character in this show as he did in Continuum.  It's spot on.

10 hours ago, theJ said:

I watched the first episode because it sounded interesting.  

It's like some strange mix of Star Trek, Lord of the Flies, and Survivor.  I honestly thought the premise was a little strange.  Like i get that those 100 people were "expendable", but still seems strange that you wouldn't send some other trustworthy volunteers down with them to make sure things went more smoothly.

I did think it was interesting that Richard Harmon (John Murphy) plays the same character in this show as he did in Continuum.  It's spot on.

Yeah, I don't fully remember all of the whys? and reasoning behind decisions made. Don't remember where episode 1 leaves you, so I sure don't want to spoil something, if something there to spoil. 

We had a good time with the show though, once we just came to terms with that "all these damn kids runnin' round like they tough grownups" mentality that befalls many of us in their 40s. It's a strange show, and gets more so here and there, but we enjoyed the ride.  

On 2/28/2019 at 4:40 PM, TENINCH said:

I got 3 episodes in and couldn't understand the appeal. My sister is a big fan of that show though.

I made it 1 1/2 episodes and then decided to rewatch Breaking Bad instead. I’ll probably give it another shot but it’s not exactly awe inspiring.

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Free Solo. The documentary of the free solo climber.

I threw it on in the background but it was really good and ended up watching it. 

Is it on Netflix or Prime now?  I read Honnald's book a while back and have wanted to watch the documentary since then.

Started re-watching The Walking Dead. On season 3 right now...man was this a good show. I still like it now, but there was definitely a dip in its quality. It's on the upswing this past year for sure though.

Re-watching Prison Break. Another great show IMO. At least Season 1 is. I don't like how they magically keep getting captured and placed in jails to break out from, but I guess that's all you can do with the premise of the tv show.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, theJ said:

Is it on Netflix or Prime now?  I read Honnald's book a while back and have wanted to watch the documentary since then.

I watched it on PSVue. But I googled it and it says it is on Prime.

Edited by 11sanchez11

I'm 5 episodes into Shooter on Netflix, and I have to say this show is hilariously bad from a plot standpoint.

<spoiler alert>

At one point this dude is hanging out at a militia camp in Idaho when suddenly it comes under ATF raid (keep in mind he's supposedly dead right now). ATF has the place surrounded, but the show cuts from them in a firefight to him riding his motorcycle down a highway?! HOW THE HELL DO YOU JUST WALK OUT OF THERE?!

And that same episode features an FBI agent, who the bad people ALREADY KNOW is getting close to compromising them, casually texting Swagger from her cell phone AND using that same cell phone at their "secret Location Delta" meet up spot, and nobody is tracking that?

<end spoiler>

I mean I wanted to like this show, but this is just painful so far. It's so much of a trainwreck that I can't look away from it.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:37 PM, Fresh Prince said:

New Girl, it's actually a really funny show and im enjoying the first season.

Actually just finished this show the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it has some hilarious moments throughout.

Also, just finished Barry - not a bad show, really like Hader in it.