What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 3/18/2019 at 7:37 PM, skywindO2 said:

Watched the first pilot of Travelers tonight, I suspect I'm going to like this show a lot. 

Finished up Travelers and would recommend. Thought it was a very entertaining sci-fi drama. I guess there's rumors that Netflix might make a 4th season but I'm pretty happy with that ending if they don't. 

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I've been watching Bosch on Prime. It's so good, I binged through all of season 1 last week and just started season 2 last night.

We had burned through all of them so far, and my guess is you will continue to feel it is good. winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Season 2 just wrapped up, and I'm very hooked on this show. It found its cadence towards the end of S1, and it's a very entertaining "dramady" that has some Sci Fi elements operating in the background, but elements that allow for some interesting scenarios.

I went into this very skeptical (given my usual lack of interest in Seth McFarlane vehicles) but this show is very, very good. He's put together a great cast, created interesting stories behind each character, touched on some really heavy topics (the dark side of religion, gender equality issues, addiction) and created several interesting aspects of a deep universe. The show borrows heavily from Star Trek: TNG - but it does so in a way that makes it seem fresh.

I'm sincerely hoping for S3. The show has a lot of promise, I'd highly recommend it on Hulu.

I also really like the Orville but felt that S2 had some weak moments. Namely that I feel like too many episodes are just relationship drama episodes that happen to take place on a spaceship. These episodes can be good. I really liked the Bortus simulation episode. It just feels too repetitive though when that's what we're getting week after week. Overall though when the show is good, it's really good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I also really like the Orville but felt that S2 had some weak moments. Namely that I feel like too many episodes are just relationship drama episodes that happen to take place on a spaceship. These episodes can be good. I really liked the Bortus simulation episode. It just feels too repetitive though when that's what we're getting week after week. Overall though when the show is good, it's really good.

I don't really watch a lot of relationship drama shows (outside of the incest-y world of GOT) so maybe that's why I didn't get the same feel. This being said, I can get behind that as a complaint of sorts. 

As far as the last "relationship-y" episode (a psuedo two part episode) I think they did it that way because they don't know if they're getting a 3rd season - so they had to play on a key relationship in a different way, a way that could feasibly be the end of the show, but could also work as a springboard to next season. 

That's how I see it, at least. I'm fully expecting it to get picked back up (I'd actually want to see a streaming service get ahold of it, so it could go to darker places...)

Just watched the first episode of the HBO miniseries Chernobyl. Really interesting so far.

When I was a kid (maybe 11 or 12) I read a really interesting article in a Reader's Digest about one of the helicopter pilots who was charged with flying over Reactor 4 and the subsequent consequences of his actions - ever since then, I've been interested in that disaster, and this is feeding off of that interest.

There's an accompanying podcast to this show, will probably check that out, too.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Recently just finished New Girl and HIMYM - anyone have any suggestions on shows that are similar?

Seinfeld and Friends are probably the two most similar to HIMYM. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Recently just finished New Girl and HIMYM - anyone have any suggestions on shows that are similar?

Friends. That 70s Show. Both of them should last you a minute. Rules of Engagement is also really good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Hot Date on Netflix.  Freaking hilarious sketch comedy similar to Key & Peele featuring a husband and wife duo.  The writing and characters are outstanding.  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, oldman9er said:

We had burned through all of them so far, and my guess is you will continue to feel it is good. winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Not sure if anyone's made the connection, but the actress playing Bosch's daughter in the series is the same kid that played Sophia during the first two seasons of The Walking Dead.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Not sure if anyone's made the connection, but the actress playing Bosch's daughter in the series is the same kid that played Sophia during the first two seasons of The Walking Dead.

I didn't remember the girl from TWD after so long, but you are completely accurate there. ( Madison Lintz )