What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The chicken tenders episode and the Law & Order homage episode are 2 of the greatest sitcom episodes of all time.  

I just saw Remedial Chaos Theory - it's on the same playing field as The Gang Saves the Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and Tales from the Citadel (Rick and Morty) as one of the funniest, most creative shows I've seen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I know there is an EMP blast from nuclear explosions but I thought that was only due to the initial explosion but I am far from an expert on the subject. That was an amazing two episodes of television, I wish I hadn't started watching until the series was over because I can't stand to wait another week for the next episode. 

I guess when you work around a nuclear facility like that - the "Lets get the **** outta here" urge has to take a back seat - but the sense of fatalism runs deep with these folks. Those nuclear technicians from the first episode? Those told "Go out, look around and get back us" folks (?) - who's answers were refused cause they didnt fit the Party line?  

Interesting psych makeup for these guys. Must take a special mindset to work there.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I guess when you work around a nuclear facility like that - the "Lets get the **** outta here" urge has to take a back seat - but the sense of fatalism runs deep with these folks. Those nuclear technicians from the first episode? Those told "Go out, look around and get back us" folks (?) - who's answers were refused cause they didnt fit the Party line?  

Interesting psych makeup for these guys. Must take a special mindset to work there.

I think its because it was supposed to be impossible for the core to blow up according to their research so it was basically unthinkable to them. The fact they couldnt comprehend the overwhelming evidence that **** had hit the fan was amazing though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

The bravery of people who deal with nuclear disasters is truly amazing.... When I read about the elderly in Fukushima volunteering to go into the plant and help keep water on the reactor it literally brought tears to my eyes. Those people knew what they were volunteering for was suicide but were willing to do what it took to help save others.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

The bravery of people who deal with nuclear disasters is truly amazing.... When I read about the elderly in Fukushima volunteering to go into the plant and help keep water on the reactor it literally brought tears to my eyes. Those people knew what they were volunteering for was suicide but were willing to do what it took to help save others.

Interesting.....I'd not heard any of that.....but Fukushima's a factor running parallel in my mind to this story i.e. what happened there? I dont think we know half of the facts involved. Not a conspiracy theory....but that story just disappeared....way too fast IMO.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, thrILL! said:

The chicken tenders episode and the Law & Order homage episode are 2 of the greatest sitcom episodes of all time.  

Pillows and Blankets. Holy moly, I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 3

For those who watch Chernobyl - I highly suggest tuning into the accompanying podcast with the showrunners. He dives into details, breaks down what's accurate and what's dramatized (there are a few things that bend a bit of accuracy) and they go into stories that they heard/read while researching it that they simply didn't have the time to add into the show. 

Two episodes in, this has been such a fantastic show/miniseries. Those responsible for the cover ups (or better stated, "willful ignorance") should have been tried for crimes against humanity. It's insane.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

For those who watch Chernobyl - I highly suggest tuning into the accompanying podcast with the showrunners. He dives into details, breaks down what's accurate and what's dramatized (there are a few things that bend a bit of accuracy) and they go into stories that they heard/read while researching it that they simply didn't have the time to add into the show. 

Two episodes in, this has been such a fantastic show/miniseries. Those responsible for the cover ups (or better stated, "willful ignorance") should have been tried for crimes against humanity. It's insane.

I’m doing my best to wait for it all to be out and then binge watch.  Looking forward to it

• Like 2