What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Just now, broncofan48 said:

I’m doing my best to wait for it all to be out and then binge watch.  Looking forward to it

It plays like a horror movie at parts - my wife and I find ourselves frantically saying "...Don't go in that room... don't go in that room... ***** I SAID DON'T GO IN THAT ROOM!" more often than we expected.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, thrILL! said:

The chicken tenders episode and the Law & Order homage episode are 2 of the greatest sitcom episodes of all time.  

On the Law and Order episode. Five minutes in, and you're absolutely right.

TROY IS ACTING LIKE A SERIOUS DETECTIVE WITH A SPIDER MAN TIE ON!!!! HOLY AWESOME!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

For those who watch Chernobyl - I highly suggest tuning into the accompanying podcast with the showrunners. He dives into details, breaks down what's accurate and what's dramatized (there are a few things that bend a bit of accuracy) and they go into stories that they heard/read while researching it that they simply didn't have the time to add into the show. Two episodes in, this has been such a fantastic show/miniseries. Those responsible for the cover ups (or better stated, "willful ignorance") should have been tried for crimes against humanity. It's insane.

Thanks for the tip about the podcasts. Wasnt aware of them and listening to #1 I find if offers a lot of contextual information. Without discussing specifics, the podcasts reaffirms and provides reasons / reasoning behind the "Admin decisions" but is best (IMO) at explaining the more "nuanced" behavioral aspects: why the people behaved as they did which I'm finding both tragic and heroic. Good supplemental (after the fact....) data. Again, thanks for mentioning them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Thanks for the tip about the podcasts. Wasnt aware of them and listening to #1 I find if offers a lot of contextual information. Without discussing specifics, the podcasts reaffirms and provides reasons / reasoning behind the "Admin decisions" but is best (IMO) at explaining the more "nuanced" behavioral aspects: why the people behaved as they did which I'm finding both tragic and heroic. Good supplemental (after the fact....) data. Again, thanks for mentioning them.

The 2nd one is a REALLY great listen. Make sure to check it out.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 11:23 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Whiskey Cavalier is really good. 

I came in here to post about whiskey cavalier. 

I wouldnt say the show is really good. In fact its really not well written or anything. But it is a fun show. 

Shame it got canceled 

12 hours ago, Madridista said:

My post was unclear - was asking for recommendations for other historical dramas

Are you looking for other nuclear disasters? Those are few and far between. Maybe something on Three Mile Island. Or perhaps China Syndrome if you enjoy propaganda. For a documentary there is Pandora's Promise.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:13 PM, Madridista said:

Ok so I'm digging Chernobyl. Any similar shows/mini-series out there like it?

Highly recommend Pu-239 if you haven’t seen it.  

A worker at a Russian nuclear facility gets exposed to a lethal dose of radiation. In order to provide for his family, he steals some plutonium and sets out to sell it on Moscow's black market with the help of an incompetent criminal.

HBO original movie and one of Oscar Isaac’s first films. Pretty sure it’s still on HBO Now. 

Edited by thrILL!