Talent or Scheme on Defense?

MacReady

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

The Lions are terrible at protecting the QB the except for tonight. OMG!!!

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

3rd & 4th string LTs stoning the Pack tonight.

Unreal.

I just love how Dom gets outwitted. First play after Detroit's LT goes down Dom dials up a CB blitz from the left side. Detroit calls a roll out right. HA

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, Dubz41 said:

It's Capers. He's lost touch. OCs around the league destroy him on a consistant basis.

Paraphrased from MJS Silverstein:

GREEN BAY – If you had foreseen nose tackle Kenny Clark becoming one of the most productive players on defense, inside linebacker Blake Martinez ranking seventh in the NFL in tackles and rookie cornerback Kevin King giving up just one touchdown in the first seven games, you probably would have predicted the Green Bay Packers' defense finally would have turned the corner by now.

But here it is, approaching the midway point of the season, and nothing has changed with defensive coordinator Dom Capers’ unit.

It is woefully lacking in pass rush, it can’t get off the field on third down, it can’t stop anybody in the red zone and its run defense is ranked in the bottom quarter of the league.

This is the most talent and depth Capers and his defensive staff have had since 2014 at the very least, and possibly since 2010 when the Packers won Super Bowl XLV. Yet for all the strong individual performances the defense has gotten, the cumulative effort has been sorely lacking.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. 

It's Capers. He's lost touch. OCs around the league destroy him on a consistant basis.

Caper's is now Cooter's bich. By the way, I was Detroit's punter tonight......you might not have seen me........

16 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Yes, I'm quoting myself. 

Caper's is now Cooter's bich. By the way, I was Detroit's punter tonight......you might not have seen me........

Cooter isn't the only OC that has made Capers look incompetent.

Archived