Around the NFL - Week 6

Texas_OutLaw7

The Dolphins have been talking to the Texans about Watson off and on for months, and those talks have intensified into serious negotiations.

After losing to Jacksonville in London — their fifth consecutive loss — the Dolphins seem more determined to finally execute the Watson trade.

General manager Nick Caserio has been asking for three first-round draft choices and two second-round picks. Watson has a no-trade clause and would have to approve the trade. Miami is a team that’s been high on his list since he told the Texans he wanted to be traded after the 2020 season.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Deshaun-Watson-Texans-Dolphins-trade-16549248.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

We want this to happen badly as it could potentially hurt the Eagles 1st rounder they got from Miami. 

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can someone explain to me how the hell can D Watson be traded with all of his legal complications??

Being traded and being able to play are certainly two different issues. I think (obviously) Miami is taking a hell of a risk. But moving a player around is fine, sure as hell doesn't mean he's playing any time soon.

15 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can someone explain to me how the hell can D Watson be traded with all of his legal complications??

I mean he hasn't been suspended yet...so technically, he can still play. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because he technically hasnt been charged with anything yet. 

True dat, but Zeke was never charged, and he didn’t have civil complaints against him and he was placed on the Commissioners Exempt list pending investigation from the league. 

I fully expect Goddell to do the very exact thing if he is traded because Miami or whoever trades for him has no obligation to keep him off the field. That being said, I fully expect who ever trades for him to insert a clause into the trade paperwork recouping picks if he is suspended or gets legal action taken against him that keeps him off the field. 

15 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

What ever, he did serve what, a 4 game suspension for nothing

He got suspended because in the midst of a legal case were he was falsely accused of beating a female, he decided to rip a girls ttty out in a public setting like the immature moron he is. 

He still should have never been suspended; but lets not act like Zeke wasnt a careless idiot during that time. He got ish faced and bullied a minimum wage kid on camera. Also allegedly got in a fist fight with a bartender because he wanted to bang the dudes girlfriend. Its not like Godell was going to turn a blind eye to so many red flags. 

I mean, you are/were military. You know all about personal codes of conduct. Zeke wasnt that dude. Seems like he is a lot better now; or at least better at hiding it. 

Edited by Matts4313

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He got suspended because in the midst of a legal case were he was falsely accused of beating a female, he decided to rip a girls ttty out in a public setting like the immature moron he is. 

He still should have never been suspended; but lets not act like Zeke wasnt a careless idiot during that time. He got ish faced and bullied a minimum wage kid on camera. Also allegedly got in a fist fight with a bartender because he wanted to bang the dudes girlfriend. Its not like Godell was going to turn a blind eye to so many red flags. 

I mean, you are/were military. You know all about personal codes of conduct. Zeke wasnt that dude. Seems like he is a lot better now; or at least better at hiding it. 

It’s still a double standard here with Comrade Goddell. This guy has 22 civil complaints on him and the NFL league offices hasn’t done squat against him. It’s the Texans themselves who are holding him inactive weekly. 

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

It’s still a double standard here with Comrade Goddell. This guy has 22 civil complaints on him and the NFL league offices hasn’t done squat against him. It’s the Texans themselves who are holding him inactive weekly. 

The league is terrible when it comes to punishment, but I dont know if I see a double standard yet. None of these cats were punished until the last minute. Harkens all the way back to Ray Rice. The league will let bad behavior slide for as long as possible until their hands are forced. 

But I do agree with you - if a team puts Watson in the starting lineup, that would likely force the NFLs hand.