New angle on Bears stadium, Illinois Sen Peters introducing legislation that could force Bears to sell 50% to city

malagabears

3 hours ago, malagabears said:

LOL......yeah well good luck with that Mr. Peters.

If Amazon decides against building a distribution facility in Chicago or moving a current one to a different location are you gonna demand Jeff Bezos sell the City of Chicago 50% of Amazon?  The Bears are currently worth $3.5 bil.  If the city has a spare $1.75 bil just laying around I can think of a hundred better ways to use that money than by buying a sports franchise.

Some politicians, like little children, should be seen and not heard.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soulman said:

I'd change some to most but fully agree otherwise. (For politicians, not children lol)

Peters knows this has no chance of passing, he had an underpaid lackey draft it up and he signed it so come election time he can stand up there and say he "fought for Chicago" and other nonsense.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd change some to most but fully agree otherwise. (For politicians, not children lol)

Peters knows this has no chance of passing, he had an underpaid lackey draft it up and he signed it so come election time he can stand up there and say he "fought for Chicago" and other nonsense.  

One of the foremost reasons I've avoided ever running for public office is that I'm far too honest to ever succeed in politics.

I'm more like that kid in "The Emperor's New Clothes" who'd call out his being naked before he got more than 3 steps from his castle.

I'm getting sick and tired of outright fraud being passed off as "it's only politics" or "that's just the way politics works".

I'm in favor of forcing every one holding public office or running for public office to wear a red light bulb that lights each time they tell a bald faced lie.  And for those who've made a lifetime habit of telling lies and additional attachment of wiring in their crotch with a pad attached to each of their "boys" that will give a painful shock whenever a lie is being told.

That should end the "Big Lies" and even the little ones.  And if it doesn't we'll at least recognize liars by the their sweating faces and soprano voices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soulman said:

One of the foremost reasons I've avoided ever running for public office is that I'm far too honest to ever succeed in politics.

I'm more like that kid in "The Emperor's New Clothes" who'd call out his being naked before he got more than 3 steps from his castle.

I'm getting sick and tired of outright fraud being passed off as "it's only politics" or "that's just the way politics works".

I'm in favor of forcing every one holding public office or running for public office to wear a red light bulb that lights each time they tell a bald faced lie.  And for those who've made a lifetime habit of telling lies and additional attachment of wiring in their crotch with a pad attached to each of their "boys" that will give a painful shock whenever a lie is being told.

That should end the "Big Lies" and even the little ones.  And if it doesn't we'll at least recognize liars by the their sweating faces and soprano voices.

Just being a decent person would be a bonus compared to most of the scumbags that have risen the ranks - on both sides.

As far I'm concerned, if baseball players testifying about steroids in front of a House Subcommittee are subject to perjury, I don't know why presidential candidates aren't. I want someone running a debate that is harsh, like an attorney that demands the questions be answered and calling them out for inconsistencies in their speeches, votes, and social media postings. If they go on about their agenda and it isn't a DIRECT answer to their questions they need to cut them off, re-direct the question, and make them go into detail rather than generalities.

If I'm paying taxes to the federal government I'd be MUCH happier if there was a neutral party with a set of balls that would be able to keep a non-biased medium and report BOTH sides harshly.

Bah, I deleted a ton on this since my rant was getting WAY too deep into political discussion. lol. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, soulman said:

LOL......yeah well good luck with that Mr. Peters.

If Amazon decides against building a distribution facility in Chicago or moving a current one to a different location are you gonna demand Jeff Bezos sell the City of Chicago 50% of Amazon?  The Bears are currently worth $3.5 bil.  If the city has a spare $1.75 bil just laying around I can think of a hundred better ways to use that money than by buying a sports franchise.

Yeah...I'm not familiar with this guy, but after reading that tweet my assumption is that he's a dumb****? 

Highly unlikely the bill would pass, as it's completely illegal. You can't manufacture some sort of weird eminent domain claim because you're butthurt. That's not a thing.