Zach Ertz traded to the Cardinals for Tay Gowan and 2022 5th

42 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

cute watching them Cards go all in while having that midget on his rookie contract. how Keim still has a job is beyond me. good luck, have fun watching the SB guys.

Solid move when your 1st in the division, just lost your Te to season injury and your trying to make a run in the playoffs I do not see how this is a bad move for a team who is 7th in offense right now. Seems like there is bitterness as I do not see this as a bad move in any way

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

hes got 1 year on his deal and he isnt a lock to extend on where he went. So would you give up compensation as a Jets or Jags team knowing that this guy isnt going to stick around come 2022 season? He wants to get paid but also wants to play for a contender and those 2 teams are in full rebuild. Hes in his early 30s and doesnt have time to wait to win.

yeah I'm both sides-ing this debate

I agree that the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the Jags or Jets

If you're the Pats or the Bears, you presumably still have some playoff hopes. If you can help out your QB and also improve your odds, a 5th seems very, reasonable.. Even if you know its a 12 game rental

And honestly, as I type.. if you think its going to improve Lawrence or ZWilson's performance this season, it still might be worth a 5th rounder to get the positive trajectory going and build confidence moving forward, even if you have zero plans on retaining him

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

yeah I'm both sides-ing this debate

I agree that the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the Jags or Jets

If you're the Pats or the Bears, you presumably still have some playoff hopes. If you can help out your QB and also improve your odds, a 5th seems very, reasonable.. Even if you know its a 12 game rental

And honestly, as I type.. if you think its going to improve Lawrence or ZWilson's performance this season, it still might be worth a 5th rounder to get the positive trajectory going and build confidence moving forward, even if you have zero plans on retaining him

Yes but do you think Ertz wants to go there? You may not have a no trade clause but you do have some say of no im not going there ill just sit out the remainder of the year and go to a new team in free agency. 

Pats just paid 2 TE in free agency I doubt they would put the money into ertz after henry and Smith big pay days. Bears have a mil in cap space ertz is around 5.7 mil in cap hit. 

I think this was a win win situation for Ertz and for Arizona. Eagles get more cap space to pay Goedhert long term and right now more picks will help their build that they are essentially doing.

53 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes but do you think Ertz wants to go there? You may not have a no trade clause but you do have some say of no im not going there ill just sit out the remainder of the year and go to a new team in free agency. 

Pats just paid 2 TE in free agency I doubt they would put the money into ertz after henry and Smith big pay days. Bears have a mil in cap space ertz is around 5.7 mil in cap hit. 

I think this was a win win situation for Ertz and for Arizona. Eagles get more cap space to pay Goedhert long term and right now more picks will help their build that they are essentially doing.

Its defintely a win-win for Ertz and Arizona. But would he really object to the point of sitting out? If you'd trade for him and offer him a nice extention with a slight overpay for let's say another season + a player option for a third wouldn't he be tempted to take that deal?

Thing is that imo TE is a position where generally speaking you can't just draft someone. Most TE's take a while to develop and by that point your QB has either made it or busted. IMO if you want to develop a QB you need a good running game, a good TE and a solid Oline with good players at C and LT. Having good players at those positions can make the life of a rookie QB a lot easier.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DutchFalcon said:

Its defintely a win-win for Ertz and Arizona. But would he really object to the point of sitting out? If you'd trade for him and offer him a nice extention with a slight overpay for let's say another season + a player option for a third wouldn't he be tempted to take that deal?

Thing is that imo TE is a position where generally speaking you can't just draft someone. Most TE's take a while to develop and by that point your QB has either made it or busted. IMO if you want to develop a QB you need a good running game, a good TE and a solid Oline with good players at C and LT. Having good players at those positions can make the life of a rookie QB a lot easier.

Well as you argue TE takes time to develop so wouldn't you want to hit Free Agency knowing this? Why settle for a contract now rather then see what you can get on the open market? Keep in mind teams are less likely to over pay for someone on top of giving up draft capital while teams will be willing to overpay without giving up draft capital. If you have a history of being injured and going to a team in which they are struggling to get a win and your 30 years old while trying to make one last pay day, I see no benefit in wanting to go to a team like Jags or Jets. At worst you get injured, at best you get to show subpar play with a rookie qb and a mess of an organization. With Arizona, you now get a qb who has turned the corner of being good, your not the #1 target on the team and you are likely able to get quite a few balls thrown your way in a pass happy offense to improve your stock so that you can go in to the free agency market and then you can settle on whatever team that is willing to pay you top dollar. Which is what the Jags and Jets may look to do at that time if Ertz elects to chase the money over a ring. 

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

cute watching them Cards go all in while having that midget on his rookie contract. how Keim still has a job is beyond me. good luck, have fun watching the SB guys.

Trading a 5th and a ST/#4 CB is going all in, by your definition?

Sure, um... OK.

• Like 2
On 10/15/2021 at 1:46 PM, berlin calling said:

Yeah that’s just pure insanity compared to brining in 2 reject RBs to spell an undrafted FA at running back after Baltimore’s injuries. Injuries happen and teams make moves. Especially those in contention. 

9 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

Yeah that’s just pure insanity compared to brining in 2 reject RBs to spell an undrafted FA at running back after Baltimore’s injuries. Injuries happen and teams make moves. Especially those in contention. 

*tempted to say, "No, Lamar was actually a first rounder" but decides against it*

• Like 3
On 10/15/2021 at 2:46 PM, berlin calling said:

The amount of Salt pouring out in this post is comical. 

You do realize that is how almost 1/2 of the SB's won the past two decades which oddly enough involves at least 2 (maybe 04' ?) of Tom Brady and the Patriots SB's have been won, right?

Mahomes, Wentz, Wilson, Rodgers, Flacco, Ben, Eli, Brady (3)

All of these QB got paid afterwards I believe with only Ben, Eli and Tom adding 5 more post Rookie contract.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2021 at 4:39 PM, ET80 said:

Hopkins fantasy owners punch a hole in the wall, as evidence by this massive hole in my office wall...

I was already punching. His catches are 60% what they were this time last year, and it's the first time I've had the joy of drafting him. DAMNIT.

Anyway, Ertz....

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is he still good?

Yes. With the Weapons AZ already has at there disposal,  Ertz should be wide open with a QB like Murray.

He'll catch it and move the chains ala Jason Witten, YAC afterwards like Kittle/Kelce he is not!