CB TCU

• BAL
    Brenton Cox
    EDGE Florida

• ARI
    Brandon Joseph
Edited by Johnny Nix
  • Like 1

Meh. Falcons going QB and S feels very bad for their actual needs. No QB in this draft is a true franchise guy. They took a S in 2021, but Hawkins from 2020 is looking good too.

RT, EDGE, CB, WR, RB are the biggest needs. BPA would be EDGE Christian Harris and RT Cade Mayes

second pick CB is great as well.

At this point, if the Colts retain their 1st rounder I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go OL in the first even if not a LT. Fisher isn’t playing well and many Colts fans are hoping when Nelson returns from IR they just move Nelson to left tackle and keep playing Chris Reed at LG. Colts fans would lose their minds again though if they take another G at #6 overall though because he won’t be anywhere near Nelson’s talent. A X CB like Elam could be taken here for positional value. 

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

At this point, if the Colts retain their 1st rounder I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go OL in the first even if not a LT. Fisher isn’t playing well and many Colts fans are hoping when Nelson returns from IR they just move Nelson to left tackle and keep playing Chris Reed at LG. Colts fans would lose their minds again though if they take another G at #6 overall though because he won’t be anywhere near Nelson’s talent. A X CB like Elam could be taken here for positional value. 

Petit-Frere has Colts OL written all over him, tbh. Dude is such a mauler in the run game, but he's amazing as a pass blocker too. Moving Nelson to LT doesn't make sense.

28. Green Bay Packers - John Metchie [WR; Alabama]

Even though WR probably will be an issue with Davante Adams' pending FA, the Packers haven't drafted a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker back in 2002.  Don't anticipate that changing this year.  EDGE and DL are clearly our biggest needs.

59.) Green Bay Packers - Cade Mays [OG; Tennessee]

Right now, they've got Elgton Jenkins at LG and they've been using Jon Runyan and Royce Newman at LG and RG respectively.  OG really isn't a need at all.  WR seems like a more likely position here.  Could also consider TE depending on what happens with Robert Tonyan, OT, or CB here.

Based on where we are picking i don't really dislike this draft to much.  Overall im a Malik Willis fan and wouldn't hate taking him in the 8 to 10 area or so if we are drafting too low for the top 5 or so guys on my board then im ok with Willis. 

For me if we have a shot at any of  Neal, Thibs, Stingley, Hamilton, Leal, or Hutch i think i go for them at our pick everytime.  If all of those guys are gone by our pick then im perfectly fine with willis there i like his upside alot.   

Now as for the 2nd round picks i like the CB pick in wright but i would honestly not go Safety there as i like our safety's we have in Richie Grant and Jaylin Hawkins as i think both of them will be really good when given the chance to play.   Hamilton is probably the only safety i take in the 1st 4 rounds and thats not bc we need a safety but because he is a elite game changer type of player and possibly the best player in this draft. You just don't pass on that type of talent if it falls to you.

I would replace Battle with a talented guy from the position list Scar gave you in RT, EDGE, CB, WR, RB.  Thats actually a really good list for us of need and almost spot on.  The only positions i might add to it is DT and OC depending on if Hennessey continues to struggle some at OC and depending on marlon's health at DT if he stays healthy and improves some more.  But for now i think i leave those 2 positions off the list and go with what scar listed.

Sanders is a solid pick.

Not sure how I feel about Munford.  I realize we haver interior problems, but the Notre Dame center is still on the board, and since the team likes Carman at RG, I think they go center, unless they project Dente Smith to RT instead of LG, where he is currently listed on the depth chart.  A solid RT would also be on my short list in round 2

Edit:  I totally forgot Munford was the RT going into camp, but moved to make room for Duwan at RT

Edited by INbengalfan

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Sanders is a solid pick.

Not sure how I feel about Munford.  I realize we haver interior problems, but the Notre Dame center is still on the board, and since the team likes Carman at RG, I think they go center, unless they project Dente Smith to RT instead of LG, where he is currently listed on the depth chart.  A solid RT would also be on my short list in round 2

Edit:  I totally forgot Munford was the RT going into camp, but moved to make room for Duwan at RT

Yeah Munford has OL versatility which is very important 

On 10/16/2021 at 5:53 AM, CWood21 said:

Even though WR probably will be an issue with Davante Adams' pending FA, the Packers haven't drafted a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker back in 2002.  Don't anticipate that changing this year.  EDGE and DL are clearly our biggest needs.

Right now, they've got Elgton Jenkins at LG and they've been using Jon Runyan and Royce Newman at LG and RG respectively.  OG really isn't a need at all.  WR seems like a more likely position here.  Could also consider TE depending on what happens with Robert Tonyan, OT, or CB here.

Looking to 2022 for the Packers, they will have serious cap problems, I expect Edge Z.Smith, WR Adams, WR R.Cobb and QB A.Rodgers to be gone. Others like WR MVS will depend on his price. Edge Preston Smith may or may not be gone.

As @CWood21 said, guard isn't really a need. The major need is very likely a no.1 WR, maybe 2x WRs. A round 1 WR is very possible (even though the Packers normally mine round 2 for WRs). Edge is almost certain to be another need. I'd also add CB as a need, despite getting CB Eric Stokes in round one in 2020 (CB Kevin King staying is 50/50).

Personally I've wanted the Packers to spend a high pick on a DT/big DL for several years, but it looks like 2022 is another year  (the third ?) where top DT/DL are few and far between.

If Rodgers is traded (and maybe Adams tag and traded) it becomes impossible to predict which draft picks they have, but ignoring that, I'd look for the first two picks to be Edge*, WR, in that order.

Beyond that DT, CB, another WR, another Edge, who knows.

*Edge can either be the OLB edge, not the 230lb guys, someone around 260, or a true 3-4 DE at anything north of 280lbs and (ideally) tall.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

On 10/16/2021 at 2:40 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Based on where we are picking i don't really dislike this draft to much.  Overall im a Malik Willis fan and wouldn't hate taking him in the 8 to 10 area or so if we are drafting too low for the top 5 or so guys on my board then im ok with Willis. 

For me if we have a shot at any of  Neal, Thibs, Stingley, Hamilton, Leal, or Hutch i think i go for them at our pick everytime.  If all of those guys are gone by our pick then im perfectly fine with willis there i like his upside alot.   

Now as for the 2nd round picks i like the CB pick in wright but i would honestly not go Safety there as i like our safety's we have in Richie Grant and Jaylin Hawkins as i think both of them will be really good when given the chance to play.   Hamilton is probably the only safety i take in the 1st 4 rounds and thats not bc we need a safety but because he is a elite game changer type of player and possibly the best player in this draft. You just don't pass on that type of talent if it falls to you.

I would replace Battle with a talented guy from the position list Scar gave you in RT, EDGE, CB, WR, RB.  Thats actually a really good list for us of need and almost spot on.  The only positions i might add to it is DT and OC depending on if Hennessey continues to struggle some at OC and depending on marlon's health at DT if he stays healthy and improves some more.  But for now i think i leave those 2 positions off the list and go with what scar listed.

Hennessy has been perfectly fine at C this year. The issue has been a rookie LG and a 1st year C next to each other still feeling each other out. Both guys have been much improved in recent weeks. I look forward to seeing them grow further.

• Like 1

If the Jags have the #1 overall pick and go LT instead of adding the best available pass rusher (or at least trading down), I may do some serious harm to someone. I'm even fine with keeping the second pick another EDGE too.

• Like 2