Kareem Hunt is dominating at the moment. What would he get in an off season trade?

Kiwibrown

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is rushing for over 5ypc 

He is on a discounted contract due to his behavioral issue. 

This seems behind him. 

If he wanted a pay raise and a chance to be an rb1 what would he fetch in a trade?

Position is significantly undervalued, so not sure. Maybe a 4th?

Unless you have Bill O'Brien as a GM, the standard seems to be that draft picks are worth more than players. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kirill said:

If this guy doesn’t push a woman KC has an extra chip, Brady has one less and we have just 1 loss this season.

He would make KC offense so much better right now with his ability to run and catch and we wouldn't have wasted a 1st round pick on a rb in Clyde.

• Like 2

I said before last season that Tampa should’ve traded a third for him. Think that’d have gotten it done. Clearly didn’t need him, but…can’t imagine that offense with him. Same with the Chiefs, ironically, but you know Reid would stop giving Hunt touches in the playoffs. 

Hunt’s still a very quality running back with, I’d guess, 3+ seasons of this kind of play. Maybe more if he’s splitting time like this and can stay healthy. He’s got value IMO. 

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

If this guy doesn’t push a woman KC has an extra chip, Brady has one less and we have just 1 loss this season.

I mean, priorities. You kept Tyreke Hill, and what he did was a million times worse, not to mention the other incident that may or may not have happened.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, priorities. You kept Tyreke Hill, and what he did was a million times worse, not to mention the other incident that may or may not have happened.

Kareem didn’t have an ex with mental health issues fabricate stories. Tyreek has custody of his kids and she doesn’t because what you read in headlines isn’t the full story. But that isn’t a topic for this thread or site. 

Kareem could go for a 3rd with maybe conditional 2nd qualifiers imo. 

• Like 5

He's a RB, so it's one of those cases where unless a bad general manager makes a bad move, you would not get value worth what he represents to the team he is already on.

It's not quite as extreme of a situation, but it's the same line I take when Justin Tucker's trade value comes up. When you have a player that is very high performing, but is doing so at a position of low perceived value, he will always be worth more to the team that has him than the team that is trying to acquire him. The team that has that player has great value, because they didn't spend a ton to get them, and that cost is a sunk cost anyway, but they reap the rewards. The team trading for them has to pay market value, and then they start doing the math of, well, is he worth a 2nd if we can get a good player at a more important position. That team that already has the player doesn't need to analyze it that way, so they're just factoring in what they lose. The other team is factoring opportunity cost, and that drives the value down for them because of the perceived positional value. I can't think of a RB that's been traded for more than like a 4th in recent years, save for David Johnson, which was just obvious incompetence.

• Like 6

It is one of those situations where the value to the team to keep him is way higher than the value he is for teams trying to trade for him.  Like, I don't think Cleveland should give him up for anything less than a 1st round pick, unless he was in his contract year and it was clear he wouldn't re-sign for a reasonable price.  He's a valuable piece of what they do.  Without him, as good as Chubb is, they wouldn't be nearly as dangerous on offense.  At the same time I think it would be crazy for a team to trade a 1st round pick for him, and a 2nd round pick only makes sense if you are in absolute win-now mode.  Or trying to help out a young QB.  

So kind of hard to assign a value to him.  To Cleveland, he's worth a whole lot.  To a strong contender trading for him, he's worth a moderate amount.  To any other team, he's not worth much.  

But not that Cleveland would ever do this trade, but if I was Buffalo for example?  I'd be absolutely willing to part ways with a 2nd round pick for Hunt.  Maybe even a 1st, considering it would be a late one and you'd be getting a top-tier back with limited touches.  And who has, for at least what I remember, always been healthy.  That'd instantly make the team that much better.  But the Browns wouldn't do that, I don't think.  It would hurt them a lot more than it helps them, at least in the immediate future which is what matters the most for contenders.  And especially with the unknown that is Baker's contract.