Should Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch be on the hotseat?

ClutchDJ

22 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Hard to say. That Super Bowl run bought them a lot of leeway. I wanted Kyle to coach the Broncos really desperately. I think he'll be a lifer. But maybe not with the Niners.

You guys had a chance at him in 2017 but went with Vance Joseph instead. Can’t believe Elway blew that opportunity. It was the perfect fit especially after Kubiak.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Ownership doesn't sign off on trading TWO future FRPs without knowing that there are going to be some lumps in the road.  The seat doesn't start to get hot until next year at the earliest IMO.

I don't think I specified a timeframe. So... yeah?

21 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

With the possibility of having their 4th losing season in 5 seasons together, frustration from the fanbase with the handling of the QB situation & young player Brandon Aiyuk, spotty draft record, & continually going after players with questionable durability in which I think you can attribute to their constant injury issues overall, do you think they should be on the hotseat? Is 2022 their last shot?

No they went to the Jeff Fisher school of 'time your 1st round QB right and you can keep your job for 3 more years'. Matt Nagy got an associates degree there too.

• Like 6

They lost a Super Bowl, then when it was apparent that Brady was available, they took a good hard look at every throw from Brady and every throw from Garoppolo, and decided to pass on Tom Brady.

Brady plays great and won the Super Bowl the next season. Garoppolo continued to be meh and get hurt too much.

Team sends a massive amount of draft capital away to move up for a replacement quarterback.

Ouch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

They lost a Super Bowl, then when it was apparent that Brady was available, they took a good hard look at every throw from Brady and every throw from Garoppolo, and decided to pass on Tom Brady.

Brady plays great and won the Super Bowl the next season. Garoppolo continued to be meh and get hurt too much.

Team sends a massive amount of draft capital away to move up for a replacement quarterback.

Ouch.

Shanny's legacy with the niners will likely be a what could have been. Nevermind that he's on record as saying he didn't scout guys like mahomes because he wanted to get Kirk the following year. Which he didn't even do lol

He should not have personnel power. I'm not sure he's all that good at evaluating talent

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shanny's legacy with the niners will likely be a what could have been. Nevermind that he's on record as saying he didn't scout guys like mahomes because he wanted to get Kirk the following year. Which he didn't even do lol

He should not have personnel power. I'm not sure he's all that good at evaluating talent

Word is he's kinda started to budge a bit on his scheme vs. talent stance, which is partly why they went with Lance over Jones. If that works out then he should be alright, but man it was a bit of a bumpy road getting there. And passing on Brady will always be a mark against him in my mind (certainly not the only team in that category though).

7 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

People are far too impatient. A couple of down years and your seat is hot? Shanahan is one of the brightest offensive minds in the league. Whoever you hire after firing him is an automatic downgrade. 

If he is let go, I hope Belichick retires and we hire him. But patience isn't a thing in the NFL. You have 2 losing seasons and people will get nervous. 2019 is long ago now.