Should Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch be on the hotseat?

ClutchDJ

13 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

People are far too impatient. A couple of down years and your seat is hot? Shanahan is one of the brightest offensive minds in the league. Whoever you hire after firing him is an automatic downgrade. 

If coaching decisions were left up to some of the fans on this site the turnover rate in one year would make the Browns entire history look competent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If coaching decisions were left up to some of the fans on this site the turnover rate in one year would make the Browns entire history look competent.

You're talking to a forum where someone asked, two weeks into his professional regular season career, whether Trevor Lawrence is a bust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

You're talking to a forum where someone asked, two weeks into his professional regular season career, whether Trevor Lawrence is a bust.

Instant gratification seem to rule this forum. The grass is always greener on the other side. You know....just like in Madden video games.

If a team doesn't atleast reach the playoffs every single year and win atleast 2 SBs within a 4 year period then the GM and the entire staff need to be fired, regardless of circumstances that they can't control such as unexpected injuries.

If a player has a single bad game then they need to traded or cut immediately, regardless of their contribution to said team.

It's also important to blame the coaching staff and scheme whenever a player screws up because blaming this on them is much easier than placing individual responsibility on said player.

On the flip side. Whenever a coach &/or player have an abnormally high year then fans are all-in on them and are ready to call them the next greats and every team should follow the same blueprint. The most recent of example of this is Pederson/Wentz. They were a flash in the pan with a loaded roster and people were calling both of them top-5 or 10 at their respective positions after one year and look at it now. Pederson got fired and hasn't found an NFL job yet. Wentz is looking solid right now but nobody in their right mind would call him a top-5 or 10 QB anymore and are still cautiously withholding judgement on whether this level of play is sustainable. McVay/Goff is another recent example.

The bottomline, alot of fans expect way too much.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, WheatieMan said:

This year was a default to the Rams and Cards who are in “win now” before Murray has to get paid. Seahawks are done and need to start over. Total pass this year. 22’ is when they need to make a move. Hope Stafford gets old and Murray gets injured.

I feel the Bears are in a similar situation. 22’ should be the year. A lot of teams are positioning for 22’. I don’t think the Buc/Pack/Rams will be contenders next year.

Pack, for sure since it's unlikely Rodgers is there. 

If Brady is back the Bucs will be.

The Rams are one of the youngest teams in the league and Stafford isn't old by present-day NFL QB standards.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:52 PM, FrantikRam said:

Pack, for sure since it's unlikely Rodgers is there. 

If Brady is back the Bucs will be.

The Rams are one of the youngest teams in the league and Stafford isn't old by present-day NFL QB standards.

Rams should have their window this and next year at least until Stafford gets a bigger deal. Ramsey and Donald should also have at least 2 more prime years each.

Cards, Bills and Chiefs are in the same boat. They will likely compete for the SB as a top contender until the contract kicks in. Cards could have a 3 year window until 2023 if they make smart moves. Bills have 2 more years, Chiefs might only have this year. The Bucs probably won't fall off but they have a better shot this year than next year.

It does look like a year early right now the team that is positioning themselves well for a run in 2022 is LAC.

Really it's usually rookie contract QBs and whoever veteran QB is outperforming his contract and most likely took a pay cut.

I don't think so. I think Jed has the utmost confidence in this regime and the players love Shanny and Lynch. I hated the game Shanahan called against the Cards with Lance under center, but I still think he's one of the top minds in football. I think it'd take an absolutely disastrous 2022 to consider dropping these two. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:42 AM, ClutchDJ said:

With the possibility of having their 4th losing season in 5 seasons together, frustration from the fanbase with the handling of the QB situation & young player Brandon Aiyuk, spotty draft record, & continually going after players with questionable durability in which I think you can attribute to their constant injury issues overall, do you think they should be on the hotseat? Is 2022 their last shot?

I said they weren't that good this offseason and people here crucified me. Good luck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Rams should have their window this and next year at least until Stafford gets a bigger deal. Ramsey and Donald should also have at least 2 more prime years each.

Cards, Bills and Chiefs are in the same boat. They will likely compete for the SB as a top contender until the contract kicks in. Cards could have a 3 year window until 2023 if they make smart moves. Bills have 2 more years, Chiefs might only have this year. The Bucs probably won't fall off but they have a better shot this year than next year.

It does look like a year early right now the team that is positioning themselves well for a run in 2022 is LAC.

Really it's usually rookie contract QBs and whoever veteran QB is outperforming his contract and most likely took a pay cut.

Stafford's contract will likely coincide with a massive jump in the cap. At some point Ramsey will end up being vastly underpaid. I think we can sustain this model until Stafford retires or leaves.

Ramsey is 26 years old...

The Cardinals are one of the oldest teams in the league.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Stafford's contract will likely coincide with a massive jump in the cap. At some point Ramsey will end up being vastly underpaid. I think we can sustain this model until Stafford retires or leaves.

Ramsey is 26 years old...

The Cardinals are one of the oldest teams in the league.

Rams could keep this going for 5 years but I don't think it's likely. Too much is going to change in that amount of time. Ramsey might only turn 27 next months but cornerbacks don't age well. I give Donald a better chance to be great longer even though he is older. You never know what's going to happen see Giants 07/11 and Ravens with Flacco but I think the next 2 years are the Rams best chances for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

On the flip side, Lynch likely isn't responsible for enough decisions to make his firing worthwhile lol. 

That may also be true but the Niners would have to see if having Shanny the coach outweighs Shanny the GM and just put up with his lackluster decisions because he’s such a top level coach 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Imagine Shanny being available 😍

Kyle going to chicago to coach the QB he passed on in the draft would be like former 49ers OC Mike McCarthy going to GB to coach Rodgers part 2 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

On the flip side, Lynch likely isn't responsible for enough decisions to make his firing worthwhile lol. 

We've talked about this before but this regime usually doesnt have issues moving on from bad decisions quickly. There are exceptions, but I am hoping that all of the failures in personnel would make Shanahan realize that he needs to give input, but not get fixated on "his guys" and let the FO do their jobs. 

I love John Lynch, he is going to make a terrific president of football operations one day, but Kyle needed a legit GM from day one who was going to work with him but not for him. 

Some things you need to learn the hard way, and I am hoping that Kyle has learned a hard lesson or three

As far as when should the seat get hot for Kyle, how about we let him develop his hand picked QB for a year or two before we think about it? 

The 49ers have their backs against the wall, but its possible they have sorted things out during the bye. It came at a good time for them. Lets see how the team responds. If they come out flat and lose 2-3 in a row, then yeah, lets revisit this. 

• Like 1