Should Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch be on the hotseat?

ClutchDJ

It really depends how the year ends up. I can see them moving on if losses pile up possibly.  His other “hand picked” quarterback hasn’t fair well either. So you can never say never.
At one point fans were saying the same thing about Jim Harbaugh his last year there to. 

Outside of the SB year, this combination is 18-36 with 3 10 loss seasons. They're essentially the Browns with one massive blown super bowl lead that is almost as embarrassing as the Falcons SB lead blown. So. Sorry, but no, they are not a good HC-GM combo, and no, they shouldn't keep their jobs if they lead the 49ers to yet another 10 loss season.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Outside of the SB year, this combination is 18-36 with 3 10 loss seasons. They're essentially the Browns with one massive blown super bowl lead that is almost as embarrassing as the Falcons SB lead blown. So. Sorry, but no, they are not a good HC-GM combo, and no, they shouldn't keep their jobs if they lead the 49ers to yet another 10 loss season.

Except the Browns were playing there starting QBs those seasons and never sniffed an SB.

I'm sure if the 49ers don't want him, he'll be scooped up quickly. I'd certainly take him on the Jets without a second thought.

11 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Except the Browns were playing there starting QBs those seasons and never sniffed an SB.

I'm sure if the 49ers don't want him, he'll be scooped up quickly. I'd certainly take him on the Jets without a second thought.

San Francisco 49ers since start of 2017 season: 31-39

Cleveland Browns since start of 2017 season: 28-42

SF 49ers head coaches since start of 2017: 1

Cleveland Browns head coaches since start of 2017: 4

SF Offensive Rankings (Pts/Yds) since start of 2017: 20th/12th, 21st/16th, 2nd/4th, 21st/15th, 20th/18th

Cleveland Offensive Rankings (Pts/Yds) since start of 2017: 32nd/24th, 20th/13th, 22nd/22nd, 14th/16yh, 13th/9th

Cleveland is three games back of the 9ers in the W/L column despite posting an 0-16 season in the past five years. I think it is very clear Shanahan is not one of the top 8 head coaches in the NFL, which would still make him an upgrade for a lot of teams but hardly the elite genius 9ers fans make him out to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

San Francisco 49ers since start of 2017 season: 31-39

Cleveland Browns since start of 2017 season: 28-42

SF 49ers head coaches since start of 2017: 1

Cleveland Browns head coaches since start of 2017: 4

SF Offensive Rankings (Pts/Yds) since start of 2017: 20th/12th, 21st/16th, 2nd/4th, 21st/15th, 20th/18th

Cleveland Offensive Rankings (Pts/Yds) since start of 2017: 32nd/24th, 20th/13th, 22nd/22nd, 14th/16yh, 13th/9th

Cleveland is three games back of the 9ers in the W/L column despite posting an 0-16 season in the past five years. I think it is very clear Shanahan is not one of the top 8 head coaches in the NFL, which would still make him an upgrade for a lot of teams but hardly the elite genius 9ers fans make him out to be.

You missed/ignored my reasoning. Shanahan was fielding 2nd and 3rd string QBs a majority of those games, not to mention injuries elsewhere on the team. The Browns were fielding their starters. The one season the 49ers weren't decimated by injuries they went to the SB with a top 5 defense AND a top 3 offense.

8 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

You missed/ignored my reasoning. Shanahan was fielding 2nd and 3rd string QBs a majority of those games, not to mention injuries elsewhere on the team. The Browns were fielding their starters. The one season the 49ers weren't decimated by injuries they went to the SB with a top 5 defense AND a top 3 offense.

Was Kyle Shanahan not the coach for those other 3+ seasons? Did Kyle Shanahan not have a major role in putting together those injury-prone rosters? Did Kyle Shanahan not have a voice in which quarterbacks were on his team?

This is the team Shanahan and Lynch put together. If it's a team that consistently can't stay on the field (and it is), that's still on them.

and yes I ignored your reasoning because your reasoning is just making excuses for ego

Edited by Blue

12 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I mean Rex Ryan was “scooped up quickly” after getting fired with the jets. Adam gase got hired right after being fired in Miami. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

🤷‍♂️

At some point results have to matter. But his contact will likely preclude that from being the case in the next few years ( not to mention how much Jed loves him). So if he's actually good, he'll still have an opportunity to prove it.

He better have Trey Lance slinging it next year lol

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

At some point results have to matter. But his contact will likely preclude that from being the case in the next few years ( not to mention how much Jed loves him). Do if he's actually good, he'll still have an opportunity to prove it.

He better have Trey Lance slinging it next year lol

Pretty crazy how Harbs and all of his results couldn't save his job. 

51 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Pretty crazy how Harbs and all of his results couldn't save his job. 

Probably shouldn't openly mock the guy paying you and butting heads with a guy who had a similar level of power. 

The situations are not remotely comparable, especially since it's almost a direct inverse. There's also a point where results don't matter (though his final season trended heavily in the wrong direction ) if the other stuff is bad enough, which is the situation that Harbaugh kind of found himself in.