NFC North Chase

incognito_man

Standings

Green Bay 6 - 1

Minnesota 3 - 3

Chicago  3 - 4

Detroit 0 - 7

Remaining Schedules

Green Bay: @ ARZ, @ KC, vs SEA, @ MIN, vs LAR, vs CHI, @ BAL, vs CLE, vs MIN, @ DET

Chicago: s SF, @ PIT, vs BAL, @ DET, vs ARZ, @ GB, vs MIN, @ SEA, vs NYG, @ MIN

Minnesota: vs DAL, @ BAL, @ LAC, vs GB, @ SF, @ DET, vs PIT, @ CHI, vs LAR, @ GB, vs CHI

Detroit:  PHI, @ PIT, @ CLE, vs CHI, vs MIN, @ DEN, vs ARZ, @ ATL, @ SEA, vs GB

Remaining DVOA SoS

Green Bay: 1st most difficult (+9.2% DVOA)

Chicago: 3rd most difficult (+5.5% DVOA)

Minnesota: 6th most difficult (+4.4% DVOA)

Detroit: 14th most difficult (+1.5% DVOA)

DVOA Weekly Rankings (Overall, Offense, Defense)

Green Bay

Week 7 - (11, 4, 24)

Week 6 - (11, 5, 23)

Week 5 - (15, 10, 20)

Minnesota

Week 7 - (12, 12, 6)

Week 6 - (12, 13, 6)

Week 5 - (13, 17, 8 )

Chicago

Week 7 - (24, 29, 😎

Week 6 - (20, 26, 7)

Week 5 - (22, 31, 5)

Detroit

Week 7 - (27, 28, 27)

Week 6 - (26, 28, 27)

Week 5 - (27, 25, 29)

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The Bears look to be underdogs in their next five games. Not sure if MN is favored this week or not but the next four after that they are going to be underdogs as well. 

We could/should be up 4-5 games in the division when we go to MN week 11. 

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!  Hopefully we get couple OL linemen back for this game and stay healthy.  Enough of the injuries.

Took a huge step in the division today. MIN will still try to make some noise, but until we see them, we have a pretty nice view from the top. Long way to go but this team has been finding ways to win even with the injuries. Let’s hope for some health and a bit of luck with some tough games on the horizon. 

• Like 1

I just want to rant that I'm very disappointed that both the Bears vs Vikings games are both among the last four weeks of the season...

I was hoping they'd have to play soon and see whom the #2 I'm the division is... they should play one earlier and one later, not both at the very end. Oh well, that might give Bears QB more chance to develop by then...

I'm currently thinking the Vikings are better than the Bears, as the Vikings 3 losses were all 7 points or less. Including a 3 point loss to the Bengals (which also almost happened to the Packers) and only a one point loss to the currently undefeated Cardinals.

7 hours ago, Beast said:

I just want to rant that I'm very disappointed that both the Bears vs Vikings games are both among the last four weeks of the season...

I was hoping they'd have to play soon and see whom the #2 I'm the division is... they should play one earlier and one later, not both at the very end. Oh well, that might give Bears QB more chance to develop by then...

I'm currently thinking the Vikings are better than the Bears, as the Vikings 3 losses were all 7 points or less. Including a 3 point loss to the Bengals (which also almost happened to the Packers) and only a one point loss to the currently undefeated Cardinals.

Yes, their losses were all 7 points or less.  That being said, their wins have been less than impressive .. last second field goal to beat winless Detroit and overtime vs a depleted Carolina.  Vikings suck more than the Bears for me.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, incognito_man said:

Standings

Green Bay 5 - 1

Chicago  3 - 3

Minnesota 2 - 3

Detroit 0 - 6

Remaining Schedules

Green Bay: vs WFT, @ ARZ, @ KC, vs SEA, @ MIN, vs LAR, vs CHI, @ BAL, vs CLE, vs MIN, @ DET

Chicago: @ TB, vs SF, @ PIT, vs BAL, @ DET, vs ARZ, @ GB, vs MIN, @ SEA, vs NYG, @ MIN (Chicago alternates home/away every single week. Odd.)

Minnesota: vs DAL, @ BAL, @ LAC, vs GB, @ SF, @ DET, vs PIT, @ CHI, vs LAR, @ GB, vs CHI

Detroit: @ LAR, vs PHI, @ PIT, @ CLE, vs CHI, vs MIN, @ DEN, vs ARZ, @ ATL, @ SEA, vs GB

Remaining DVOA SoS

Green Bay: 2nd most difficult (+6.1% DVOA)

Chicago: 3rd most difficult (+5.6% DVOA)

Minnesota: 9th most difficult (+3.7% DVOA)

Detroit: 7th most difficult (+4.0% DVOA)

DVOA Weekly Rankings (Overall, Offense, Defense)

Minnesota

Week 5 - (13, 17, 8 )

Green Bay

Week 5 - (15, 10, 20)

Chicago

Week 5 - (22, 31, 5)

Detroit

Week 5 - (27, 25, 29)

Feel bad for the lions. I kinda like their new coach. Hope they keep losing to the pack but I'd love to see them kick the **** outta the bears and vikes

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Week 7 looks like a prime opportunity for Green Bay to gain more ground in the NFC North.

GB faces WFT while our division foes take on Tampa Bay, Dallas and the Rams.

Make hay when the sun shines ... could be rain coming soon enough.  A win is a win is a win.

5 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@Beast   Playing the Vikings at home in January, I'm down with that - we have had too many games against them recently where they come to Lambeau before it turns cold.

It's just a minor pet peeve of mine when two teams have to play each other's twice in the same month (unless it's playoffs, that's different, as that wasn't scheduled before the season).

I really hated when they kept having the NFC West teams play each other twice in three games, like why? One key player goes down for three weeks and they might miss both matchups.

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Yes, their losses were all 7 points or less.  That being said, their wins have been less than impressive .. last second field goal to beat winless Detroit and overtime vs a depleted Carolina.  Vikings suck more than the Bears for me.

Yeah but Vikings lead the NFC North in net points, even beating the Packers (bearly (pun intended)).

Net points according to ESPN

+10 Vikings, +8 Packers, -26 Bears, -63 Lions

Also the Lions beat the Packers in the first half, got screwed by the Refs or they would of beat the Ravens (NFL says the play clock is a refs judgement call) and almost beat the Vikings. They're better than their record but they're in rebuild mode.

19 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Feel bad for the lions. I kinda like their new coach. Hope they keep losing to the pack but I'd love to see them kick the **** outta the bears and vikes

Yeah outside my favorites I root for underdogs... refs screwed them vs the Ravens, they had the game won... (two full seconds after the play clock hit zero, the Ravens snapped the ball, give the kicker credit, but it should of been 5 yards further away)

Reminds me of their 0-16 season when the Refs screwed them in one of the Vikings games... when the ref imaged deep down field PI penalty against the Lions, which gave Ryan Longwell a long FG chance, and to his credit he made it. But that also gave the Vikings the division over the Bears, Bears should of been in the playoffs that year.

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really have 0 concern for the division. I think Minnesota is an average team maybe slightly above: 

Our SB aspirations are dependent on Jaire. I think it decreases our odds significantly. There’s 3 guys we cannot afford to lose. Jaire, Aaron and Kenny 

Agreed. Cook can't stay healthy, their defense is still lagging behind and now aging. That OL is still sus as well.

It was always going to be a stacked deck against the Packers this season when looking at their schedule. Teams like the Bucs, Rams and Cowboys have much easier roads to the top seeds. I could see the Packers finishing 12-5 or so and ending up with the No. 4 seed this season. The good news is that our division opponents have the same tough road.