Christian McCaffrey now placed on IR

notthatbluestuff

On 10/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, incognito_man said:

ITT we celebrate the news of a person getting injured because at some point in history a fan of another team once opined he might be better than a player on your favorite team.

At least we don't have the narcissistic fantasy pos-

18 hours ago, GW21 said:

My fantasy team after losing McCaffery for extended time for the second consecutive year: 
giphy.gif

Oh.

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Oh.

lol, god forbid someone mentions fantasy football on a football forum. I was a huge fan of his coming out of Stanford and thought Shanahan might draft him, but you do you man. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Duluther said:

Oh.

*Shrug*

Yeah. If it wasn't for that, I doubt many outside of the Charlotte area even care about this.

It's nature of the sport now, we find a level of interaction via fantasy football that we didn't really have in the 80/90s. And with fantasy football representing a roughly $18.6 BILLION dollar industry, the NFL loves it, it's a huge moneymaker for the league (and understand - the NFL only cares about money). So, sure; Fans are going to comment on it and the NFL is going to make sheckels on the industry - so everyone is happy, no?

So... without further adieu:

Two weeks ago, I was planning on buying low on McCaffrey; I had a McCaffrey for DeAndre Hopkins trade being discussed. I'm so glad the owner in question declined the offer...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...