Week 6 GDT Bills at Titans: Monday Night Football

Trentwannabe

21 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

#1 seed might be out of play with the Chiefs about to enter the softest part of their schedule and the Ravens not playing anybody with a pulse after this week till December.

They could easily lose one of the browns and bengals games as well as Packers and Rams. Still a lot of time left, and the only teams with .500 or better record left on our schedule are the Bucs, Saints, and Panthers. 

I got to see where this line is with Daryl Williams  has he been playing better RG or RT this year? If its RT then they need to look at Ford and step it up as brown struggled last night. If Daryl has been better at RG then RT continue to keep Brown at RT and hope he turns it around. 

The defense continues to struggle against big running backs. I know Henry is anomaly but they have to find ways of shutting down the run, Pats are going to try to run all day long when we face them as Mac is like a Tannehill in which he is a game manager. I just dont see why they never went to a 4-3 formation knowing that running was going to be a big thing and having klein in as a bigger body LB to help with the run game. This team only has julio and Brown they could have just had levi and tre in their with the safeties and put 8 in the box at all times and force tannehill to throw. The defense game plan just wasnt executed well enough. 

All I can say is had the bills scored 2 touchdowns instead of settling for fg and the referees called holding on either #15 for holding poyer, or Aj Brown for holding Tre that 76 yard run would have been washed out and the titans game plan would have been out the window early on. Daboll having us consistently try to the run instead of picking apart the weak DB corps made no sense to me. Every time Allen threw the ball the wrs were getting open and able to make plays. It was a 2nd down and Allen was looking deep when Sweeney was wide open in the flat was a huge blow as it turned into a sack and 2 and 17 rather then a 2nd and short if not a 1st as there was legit no one around him. Posting 350+ yards and 3 td is solid but the offense should have pulled away a lot quicker by converting those 2 redzone drives early on.

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

#1 seed might be out of play with the Chiefs about to enter the softest part of their schedule and the Ravens not playing anybody with a pulse after this week till December.

Dont we have the tiebreaker against Chiefs?

Our schedule isnt the toughest either. I see 5-0 remaining within the division alone 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I got to see where this line is with Daryl Williams  has he been playing better RG or RT this year? If its RT then they need to look at Ford and step it up as brown struggled last night. If Daryl has been better at RG then RT continue to keep Brown at RT and hope he turns it around. 

The defense continues to struggle against big running backs. I know Henry is anomaly but they have to find ways of shutting down the run, Pats are going to try to run all day long when we face them as Mac is like a Tannehill in which he is a game manager. I just dont see why they never went to a 4-3 formation knowing that running was going to be a big thing and having klein in as a bigger body LB to help with the run game. This team only has julio and Brown they could have just had levi and tre in their with the safeties and put 8 in the box at all times and force tannehill to throw. The defense game plan just wasnt executed well enough. 

All I can say is had the bills scored 2 touchdowns instead of settling for fg and the referees called holding on either #15 for holding poyer, or Aj Brown for holding Tre that 76 yard run would have been washed out and the titans game plan would have been out the window early on. Daboll having us consistently try to the run instead of picking apart the weak DB corps made no sense to me. Every time Allen threw the ball the wrs were getting open and able to make plays. It was a 2nd down and Allen was looking deep when Sweeney was wide open in the flat was a huge blow as it turned into a sack and 2 and 17 rather then a 2nd and short if not a 1st as there was legit no one around him. Posting 350+ yards and 3 td is solid but the offense should have pulled away a lot quicker by converting those 2 redzone drives early on.

Daryl played RG last night and I didn't think he was the issue. Feliciano and Brown looked to be liabilities. Feliciano in particular got mauled on the final play too.

Really disappointed in how the line looked overall.

Way-too-early offseason plan should be improving our line. We need better guard play. Wonder who we could target in the trade market that might be an improvement, someone from a rebuilding team... we need to consider a move there. Josh has been bailing them out a lot this year as it is.

ALSO – it would be great if we had a playmaker at RB. We have just 'guys' there. Would love to have someone the defense had to plan for, or at least consider. I don't think anyone is threatened by Moss or Singletary. Allen's legs are the only real running threat.

Strictly hypothetical here, I love Greg Rousseau and wouldn't change anything right now (nor would it be possible without a trade up), but man would it be cool to envision our offense with a talented back like Najee Harris. 

35 minutes ago, Nick said:

Daryl played RG last night and I didn't think he was the issue. Feliciano and Brown looked to be liabilities. Feliciano in particular got mauled on the final play too.

Way-too-early offseason plan should be improving our line. We need better guard play. Wonder who we could target in the trade market that might be an improvement, someone from a rebuilding team... we need to consider a move there. Josh has been bailing them out a lot this year as it is.

ALSO – it would be great if we had a playmaker at RB. We have just 'guys' there. Would love to have someone the defense had to plan for, or at least consider. I don't think anyone is threatened by Moss or Singletary. Allen's legs are the only real running threat.

Strictly hypothetical here, I love Greg Rousseau and wouldn't change anything right now (nor would it be possible without a trade up), but man would it be cool to envision our offense with a talented back like Najee Harris. 

Yup, Najee Harris would've been great pick. 

Bad news on Knox, just read he broke his hand. Gonna miss some time

Harris? Nahh…

Running game comes from offensive line play,  and our offensive line has been doo doo. I’m taking what Greg has flashed so far over Harris every single time.

We drastically need to improve our offensive line thing. We have JAGs across the board. We need to get an anchor somehow someway. 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Yea I was thinking if we can find an answer to LG right now we could move Feliciano back to Rg and Daryl back to RT and give Brown more time to develop. Maybe feliciano back at RG can benefit his game.  

I put in the overall season thread on what would be good to do now during the bye in order to get things going for the second half of the season. Oline is on there along with CB. Levi showed some nice effort in the beginning of the game but then he struggled 3 qtrs of it and having another CB at the #2 position could help them out. Making a trade for one could be a smart move. 

I think its the oline more then the RB, look at Baltimore they have just guys there yet they are able to make things to get it done. Going in to the offseason CB, Guard, and DT may be a higher need then an Rb. I would have loved Najee on the team but I dont think the rb position was the issue last night I think it was the play calling and the oline. I know we need to be more balanced but the play calling wasn't the best last night. We could have easily picked them apart in more pass plays in the mid range area then we were last night. We had guys wide open 5-7 yards up the field when Allen was trying to go 30+ yards.