2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

Dwight is so unrightfully hated by the media it's insane. Yes, from 2012 to 2019 the dude was a prick, and his impact lagged behind his counting stats. Even if you inexplicably remove THOSE 8 YEARS he's a 5x All NBA (4x1), 3x DPOY, 5x All D (4x1), with a second place MVP finish, key contributor on a title team, and led his team to the finals as the #1.

Davis is currently: 4x All NBA (4x1), 4x All D (2x1), and the second best player on a title team. He's still less accomplished than Dwight, and that's removing 8 SEASONS. Dwight's easily a top 50 guy ever.

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Dwight is so unrightfully hated by the media it's insane. Yes, from 2012 to 2019 the dude was a prick, and his impact lagged behind his counting stats. Even if you inexplicably remove THOSE 8 YEARS he's a 5x All NBA (4x1), 3x DPOY, 5x All D (4x1), with a second place MVP finish, key contributor on a title team, and led his team to the finals as the #1.

Davis is currently: 4x All NBA (4x1), 4x All D (2x1), and the second best player on a title team. He's still less accomplished than Dwight, and that's removing 8 SEASONS. Dwight's easily a top 50 guy ever.

prime dwight would be a lot of fun in today's league. even unskilled as he was, he'd dominate in the post against all these smaller guys. 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

prime dwight would be a lot of fun in today's league. even unskilled as he was, he'd dominate in the post against all these smaller guys. 

He was casually leading top defenses for years with zero good defensive teammates. He'd be a shorter, more athletic Gobert with more ability to hurt you inside today.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

He was casually leading top defenses for years with zero good defensive teammates. He'd be a shorter, more athletic Gobert with more ability to hurt you inside today.

I think he was a lot better offensively than Gobert ever could be. Teams signed players just to guard Dwight 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I think he was a lot better offensively than Gobert ever could be. Teams signed players just to guard Dwight 

For sure. He'd be an incredible rim runner today, and a guy who could punish you down low if you play 5 out like LAC did. Without giving up any ground defensively.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Rudy's biggest strength defensively (his length) is his biggest weakness offensively. He's so big and mobile enough to protect the rim at a crazy high level but lacks the strength to score in the post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Superman carried the Magic to a finals appearance.

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

We tried telling y'all...AD the most frustrating dude. On top of the not always showing up, he's constantly leaving games for little injuries.

That’s true most years but he’s got banged up a lot already this year and he’s played through everything. He got his finger snapped back at the end of one half and came back minutes into the second half with a cast on the finger. He went into games while sick. Only game he didn’t really play was Portland when they pulled him after 7 minutes

He had to go throw up in the 3rd quarter of the game after against the Hornets too. 

He said he was making it a point to play through everything he can and recognized what other people were saying about him missing games basically. His toughness hasn’t been the issue this year. I’ve questioned his effort in some games, but he’s still been playing at a high level.

48 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@TheRealMcCoy What's THT's role when LeBron's back? I scooped him Sunday night for this week in my points league and he's slaying it lol. Does he have a 25+ minute a night role when LBJ returns?

That’s a good question, but I don’t see any way they don’t play him 25 minutes at least even if he has to move to the bench. I’m cool with him and Bron together, but with Russ the skill sets kind of become redundant. Still he’s the 4th highest paid player and the team really believes in him. He offers more on defense than most of the 8 or 9 however many guards are on the roster. They are tasking him with guarding whoever is usually the best non big. The line-ups will change a lot, especially once Nunn and Ariza are finally back, but THT will be a mainstay. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s a good question, but I don’t see any way they don’t play him 25 minutes at least even if he has to move to the bench. I’m cool with him and Bron together, but with Russ the skill sets kind of become redundant. Still he’s the 4th highest paid player and the team really believes in him. He offers more on defense than most of the 8 or 9 however many guards are on the roster. They are tasking him with guarding whoever is usually the best non big. The line-ups will change a lot, especially once Nunn and Ariza are finally back, but THT will be a mainstay. 

Animated GIF

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The problem is going to be Westbrook...like with everything.

• Like 1