2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Didn't realize he's only played 1 game in the NBA, but we can do the 3 year rule like NFL.

LaMelo has definitely been better than I expected him to be, he's like the anti-Lonzo. Lonzo plays so scared and I think Lavar's hype combined with being in LA playing with LeBron killed his confidence. LaMelo legit plays like it's a pickup game and gives 0 F's which has helped him succeed. I enjoy watching LaMelo play and will admit I am looking wrong on a prospect probably for the first time.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Our biggest issue in the Clippers series was Mike Conley being injured. Rudy does almost all of his damage offensively in the pick-n-roll with Conley. Don/Clarkson weren't looking to pass coming off screens which essentially made Rudy useless offensively and allowed the Clippers to keep their small ball lineup in.

That might be fair, but the Clippers beat you with Kawhi on the sidelines and Paul George playing the most mins of any player in the playoffs. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

LaMelo has definitely been better than I expected him to be, he's like the anti-Lonzo.

I just didn't get the hate. Obviously his shot needed to be worked on coming into the league and he was an undisciplined player, but you could see the special talent he had as a playmaker. But, yeah he's way more confident than Zo. I'm glad both of their shots have improved. Both of them deserve credit for working on their form.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LaMelo legit plays like it's a pickup game and gives 0 F's which has helped him succeed. I enjoy watching LaMelo play and will admit I am looking wrong on a prospect probably for the first time.

Let's just be glad the Warriors didn't get him, cause that would've been rough.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That might be fair, but the Clippers beat you with Kawhi on the sidelines and Paul George playing the most mins of any player in the playoffs. 

Our team is completely different with Mike Conley playing and not having him for the series fundamentally changed the way that we played. And people are quick to forget that Mitchell was also injured, he missed like the last 20 games of the regular season and the 1st game of the playoffs. His ankle was clearly bothering him in that series, he couldn't explode at all and IIRC I don't even think he had 1 dunk. During the regular season Mitchell only shot 13+ 3P FG's 1 time. In the Clippers series he averaged 13 3P FGA per game at a 46% clip. 

Dude said my ankle is hurt then I'll just play like Steph better than Steph ever has in his entire NBA career. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I just didn't get the hate. Obviously his shot needed to be worked on coming into the league and he was an undisciplined player, but you could see the special talent he had as a playmaker. But, yeah he's way more confident than Zo. I'm glad both of their shots have improved. Both of them deserve credit for working on their form.

Let's just be glad the Warriors didn't get him, cause that would've been rough.

I really just didn't think that he'd be able to shoot at a decent clip, play defense, or take care of the basketball. All of those things are still legitimate concerns with him. He was excellent tonight but is 7/9 from 3 and 7 assists/2 TO sustainable over the course of the season? Probably not.