2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

Just now, NYRaider said:

I thought this was a Danny Ainge burner account

i friggin wish

nah dude i hated the trade and would have rather lost every game with isaiah thomas than won a single quarter with kyrie

• Like 1

Opening night over reactions are hilarious, 81 more to go boys. How are you feeling about the Lakers @TheRealMcCoy @Leader and @CWood21?

AD and LeBron both looked amazing last night but the rest of the team, starting with Russ, was pretty meh. Seeing Russ only take 9 shots in 35 min was odd, it was almost as if he was trying so hard to fit with LeBron that he went anti-Russ mode. Going to need him to be more aggressive as the season goes on.

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i friggin wish

nah dude i hated the trade and would have rather lost every game with isaiah thomas than won a single quarter with kyrie

The Celtics cost me and some of my buddies so much money tonight, I thought you guys were for sure going to be the low life Knicks man, lol. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Opening night over reactions are hilarious, 81 more to go boys. How are you feeling about the Lakers @TheRealMcCoy @Leader and @CWood21?

You’ve already seen my thoughts. Not overreacting to one game for any team. We’ll see where these teams are at in Feb/March. Fortunately for us we don’t have to play you guys till mid January, Feb and March. The March one being the only one in Utah. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You’ve already seen my thoughts. Not overreacting to one game for any team. We’ll see where these teams are at in Feb/March. Fortunately for us we don’t have to play you guys till mid January, Feb and March. The March one being the only one in Utah. 

Bazemore looked good last night, as did Rondo. Think Vogel needs to go with Davis at the 5 to get another shooter onto the court in the starting 5 sooner rather than later.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Bazemore looked good last night

Did well being on Steph a lot defensively and hit the corner threes. The threes not in the corner didn’t look that good. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Think Vogel needs to go with Davis at the 5 to get another shooter onto the court in the starting 5 sooner rather than later.

He does, but he probably drags his feet and we don’t do it enough in the early going. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AD and LeBron both looked amazing last night but the rest of the team, starting with Russ, was pretty meh. Seeing Russ only take 9 shots in 35 min was odd, it was almost as if he was trying so hard to fit with LeBron that he went anti-Russ mode. Going to need him to be more aggressive as the season goes on.

Pretty much what we expected.  LeBron/AD is arguably the best duo in the league, and we knew it was going to take some time to adjust with Westbrook.  Plus, it doesn't help that half of our rotation wasn't healthy.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much what we expected.  LeBron/AD is arguably the best duo in the league, and we knew it was going to take some time to adjust with Westbrook.  Plus, it doesn't help that half of our rotation wasn't healthy.

I was really just surprised to see Russ play so conservatively. I bet on Russ O 19.5 points and he only took 9 shots in 35 minutes. What a spectacle to see LeBron, AD, Melo, Russ, Dwight, Rondo, and DJ all on the same team though at one point all of those guys were max contract players. 

34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did well being on Steph a lot defensively and hit the corner threes. The threes not in the corner didn’t look that good. 

He does, but he probably drags his feet and we don’t do it enough in the early going. 

I just want to know how Bazemore has #9 and Rondo has #4, lol.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bazemore was a Laker first and picked it?

I get that but have some respect for Rondo man. He has never worn 9 in his career, Rondo has always been #9, should've given it up. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I get that but have some respect for Rondo man. He has never worn 9 in his career, Rondo has always been #9, should've given it up. 

I get it, but I’m sure with the kind of guy Bazemore is he would give it if Rondo was asking for it, so I’m just gonna guess he didn’t push for it.