2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

He looked legit the entire second half of the season last year IMO. Dude is flying way under the radar up in Minny but he's a stud. 

I'm aware but nice to see him continue with the high level of play. IIRC after the ASB he averaged like 23.5 ppg on good efficiency. The main concern with him is that he was literally the worst defensive player in the league last season.

Edited by NYRaider

Nuggets starters were absolutely absurd last night. Combined +112 and there were several improvements across the board.

* MPJ passing on drives to the basket
* Gordon taking high % shots only
* Malone stopping with the hockey-style lineup changes

The Nuggets benched got absolutely battered in the 1st half when Malone tried to play his entire bench at once (Austin Rivers was -13 in 8 minutes which sums it up).

He finally relented and put Will Barton in with the bench and it seemed to click, even throwing in MPJ for a few minutes with them in the 2nd half.

Only one game but a good start for sure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Nuggets starters were absolutely absurd last night. Combined +112 and there were several improvements across the board.

* MPJ passing on drives to the basket
* Gordon taking high % shots only
* Malone stopping with the hockey-style lineup changes

The Nuggets benched got absolutely battered in the 1st half when Malone tried to play his entire bench at once (Austin Rivers was -13 in 8 minutes which sums it up).

He finally relented and put Will Barton in with the bench and it seemed to click, even throwing in MPJ for a few minutes with them in the 2nd half.

Only one game but a good start for sure.

Denver is going to be so good this year, especially if Murray returns.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Denver is going to be so good this year, especially if Murray returns.

There is potential. Another year of MPJ development and another year for Gordon in Malone's system.

The bench is a worry. Will the Thrill produced the goods last night, but I've never seen an athlete as hot and cold as him (sorry @champ11).

I was surprised Rivers played ahead of Bones, tbh. That's definitely something to keep an eye on if Barton is given the keys to the 2nd unit.

1 minute ago, lomaxgrUK said:

There is potential. Another year of MPJ development and another year for Gordon in Malone's system.

The bench is a worry. Will the Thrill produced the goods last night, but I've never seen an athlete as hot and cold as him (sorry @champ11).

I was surprised Rivers played ahead of Bones, tbh. That's definitely something to keep an eye on if Barton is given the keys to the 2nd unit.

Bones is just a rookie but I'm sure he'll start to see minutes as the season progresses. If Murray comes back I think your bench will be fine with Morris, Bones, both of the Greens, McGee, Rivers, Dozier, and Campazzo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bones is just a rookie but I'm sure he'll start to see minutes as the season progresses. If Murray comes back I think your bench will be fine with Morris, Bones, both of the Greens, McGee, Rivers, Dozier, and Campazzo. 

Hopefully!

(McGee is on the Suns now - he even hit a couple of those trademark, weird *** floater things last night)

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm aware but nice to see him continue with the high level of play. IIRC after the ASB he averaged like 23.5 ppg on good efficiency. The main concern with him is that he was literally the worst defensive player in the league last season.

I dont think he touches bottom of the barrel defensively. He isnt good, but isnt bad either. His defensive +/- for the year last year was -1.7 but his defensive win share was 1.4. He definitely needs to improve but he is starting at a league average spot. 

Hopefully Rudy Gay is back sooner rather than later for us but the Jazz 2nd unit looked good tonight. Clarkson with 18 points, Ingles with 14/3/3, and Whiteside with 6/10/2. If Jared Butler can develop into a consistent contributor it would be a huge boost for us as well. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think he touches bottom of the barrel defensively. He isnt good, but isnt bad either. His defensive +/- for the year last year was -1.7 but his defensive win share was 1.4. He definitely needs to improve but he is starting at a league average spot. 

Of all SF's that averaged 30+ mpg last year he was dead last in real defensive BPM. And for all players that averaged 30+ mpg his defensive rating was 9th worst in the league. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Of all SF's that averaged 30+ mpg last year he was dead last in real defensive BPM. And for all players that averaged 30+ mpg his defensive rating was 9th worst in the league. 

ah yes, lets tighten our parameters to make you right lol 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I mean the Timberwolves were what, the 28th worst defensive team in the league last season?

I in no way said he was any good at defense, I simply refuted being the worst. If you want to curtail the eligibility of whose in that barrel to just SF and just those you averaged over 30 minutes then sure, he was the worst. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I in no way said he was any good at defense, I simply refuted being the worst. If you want to curtail the eligibility of whose in that barrel to just SF and just those you averaged over 30 minutes then sure, he was the worst. 

I just remember seeing all of the Timberwolves fans crying about how terrible he was defensively last year. Edwards has the tools to be an excellent defender it will just come down to effort with him because he definitely has the tools to be at least an average defender.