2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

17 hours ago, thrILL! said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33351723/a-comprehensive-line-zion-williamson-three-year-85-game-career

Hopefully he can figure it all out.  A change of scenery might help who knows.

I think there's a lot of smoke around Zion leaving that doesn't necessarily translate into fire. He's a quiet guy and JJ Redick called him a detached teammate. I think that combined with him rehabbing away from the team turned into so much about him wanting out. But as soon as this became a thing Zion returned to the team and has attended every game meanwhile his stepdad is going on TV and radio saying Zion loves NOLA and what the Pels are building, he just wants to play. 

I think that's all there is to this. Zion feels ready to play, the Pels are saying no you're not ready, we need you in better shape. It's a disagreement but not the end of the world, it's a good thing that Zion wants to play and it's a good thing that the Pels want him to be in good playing shape before doing so. 

Not to mention he'll be a RFA and hasn't only one person ever turned down the rookie max to take the QO and leave after one year? If he takes the rookie max like every other star rookie contract player in history, which he especially should due to the injury concerns, he's in NOLA for the next 6 years. At this point I am over the drama, and if he truly does want out I say trade him for a haul because we've got plenty of other nice pieces to build around, even if none are Zion quality. I believe you can win a title with BI as your best player, in the same vein as the Suns doing it with Booker as their best player, just need to have the right team around him. However, I'm not sure that he truly does want out as much as he just wants to play and believes he's ready. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Is this offer still on the table?

He literally changed all the things I was complaining about. He started actually facilitating the ball and playing team basketball. He still complains to the refs a bit more than I would like lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He literally changed all the things I was complaining about. He started actually facilitating the ball and playing team basketball. He still complains to the refs a bit more than I would like lol

That's good to hear. I just checked his field goal percentages and he shot his best of his career from 2, but his worst from 3PT... interesting.

BTW Ime has been a great coach for you guys I'm guessing by your record?

Just watched this video last night and found it interesting he says the stats and stuff point towards the Celtics being the next champs.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

BTW Ime has been a great coach for you guys I'm guessing by your record?

It took awhile to get going. A lot of people point to Schroeder being the issue. I am not 100% sure about that but Ime is players coach and they tend to be undone by selfish players. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Happy birthday my guy, we miss you and all of your fellow Lakers fans.

Appreciate it bruh!

I hit a really bad rut with my depression late last year and fell off watching games. I think I had watched almost every Lakers game before then and eventually just stopped paying attention to anything other than football which didn't take up a lot of time and got on new antidepressants and started seeing a therapist, so I've got better as 2022 has went on.

Plus, I mean before I stopped watching I could already tell how flawed the Lakers were and was frustrated by them and seeing stuff on the timeline or in the curated page on Twitter about the Lakers and all the dumb stuff that was going on with them didn't really make me want to add another big stressor while I was trying to get my mental right. I figure I might as well watch now since I'm feeling better and don't have to worry about the Lakers frustrating me and just get to watch good competitive basketball. It seems like this years road to a title is pretty open which should make it a pretty fun playoffs.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Appreciate it bruh!

I hit a really bad rut with my depression late last year and fell off watching games. I think I had watched almost every Lakers game before then and eventually just stopped paying attention to anything other than football which didn't take up a lot of time and got on new antidepressants and started seeing a therapist, so I've got better as 2022 has went on.

Plus, I mean before I stopped watching I could already tell how flawed the Lakers were and was frustrated by them and seeing stuff on the timeline or in the curated page on Twitter about the Lakers and all the dumb stuff that was going on with them didn't really make me want to add another big stressor while I was trying to get my mental right. I figure I might as well watch now since I'm feeling better and don't have to worry about the Lakers frustrating me and just get to watch good competitive basketball. It seems like this years road to a title is pretty open which should make it a pretty fun playoffs.

I'm sorry to hear that my boy and I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always hit me on twitter. And if the Lakers were contributing to it you can always become a Jazz fan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sorry to hear that my boy and I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always hit me on twitter. And if the Lakers were contributing to it you can always become a Jazz fan.

Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind.

Curious what you think about the Jazz this year? As confident as last year or less so?

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Curious what you think about the Jazz this year? As confident as last year or less so?

I just think that our previous GM dropped the ball during the offseason, we should've been more aggressive with our roster tweaks. I have 0 faith that we get any further than the 2nd round if we even beat Dallas. If we lose in the first or get embarrassed in the 2nd I think we'll make some drastic moves. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just think that our previous GM dropped the ball during the offseason, we should've been more aggressive with our roster tweaks. I have 0 faith that we get any further than the 2nd round if we even beat Dallas. If we lose in the first or get embarrassed in the 2nd I think we'll make some drastic moves. 

I see. I mean yall added some guys, but nothing drastic. Where are the areas you still need to improve most? WIngs still? A better front court partner with Gobert?