2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

So far the major offseason storylines: 

• Zach LaVine is 50/50 on returning to the Bulls, if he leaves the Blazers, Hawks, and Spurs are the three most likely landing spots.

• Brad Beal is likely staying put and signing a 5 yr/$250M extension this off-season. 

• The Nets are unwilling to extend Kyrie Irving on a max deal, could get tricky because he only has one year left on his deal and can opt out this summer.

• The 76ers are unwilling to extend James Harden on a max deal, he can also potentially opt out.

• DeAndre Ayton looks like he's on his way out of Phoenix, likely via S&T as they don't seem willing to match a max offer sheet for him.

• The Hawks are shopping everyone not named Trae Young this off-season. 

• The Lakers are likely going to move Russell Westbrook.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Zach LaVine is 50/50 on returning to the Bulls, if he leaves the Blazers, Hawks, and Spurs are the three most likely landing spots.

• Brad Beal is likely staying put and signing a 5 yr/$250M extension this off-season. 

• The Nets are unwilling to extend Kyrie Irving on a max deal, could get tricky because he only has one year left on his deal and can opt out this summer.

• The 76ers are unwilling to extend James Harden on a max deal, he can also potentially opt out.

• DeAndre Ayton looks like he's on his way out of Phoenix, likely via S&T as they don't seem willing to match a max offer sheet for him.

Had no idea Lavine was a UFA. Damn, hope he stays in Chicago. 

Nets are in a very tough situation. If they don't extend Kyrie on a max deal, what does KD do?

Harden will most certainly opt in at the very least.

Not really understanding the issues with Ayton and the Suns coaching staff. Like whatever they had going on, it should have been handled by now. 

Lakers have no choice but to move Westbrook...Question is do they give up one first rounder or more to move him? Think one should be able to get it done with him having an expiring deal. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Always wanted to see what Beal could do with a good cast, guess he’s getting paid but seems like a disappointing prime for him. Could see the Pels going for one of the Hawks shooters like Huerter

6 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

my favorite year of the magic dark ages (so far) was the year where big baby was our primary scoring option. so much ridiculous **** occurred in that season. so much drama on such a ****ty team lol 

Big baby the primary option? Lol. Reminds me of when I was a kid just getting into basketball and Dan Dickau was the Hornets go to guy on what has to be one of the worst teams ever. 

48 minutes ago, amac said:

Always wanted to see what Beal could do with a good cast, guess he’s getting paid but seems like a disappointing prime for him. Could see the Pels going for one of the Hawks shooters like Huerter

Most players have realized that getting the bag first and then forcing yourself out later is the way to play it.

• Like 2

Chris Fedor: There’s another name, too, since they need a reliable backup point guard that can start, and I’ve heard this name with the Cavaliers as well. My sources tell me JB Bickerstaff would love to coach him again, Mike Conley. If Utah decides to move him in an effort to put the right pieces around Donovan Mitchell and shake up that roster. Conley for somebody like Caris LeVert is something I think the Cavs would consider.

So we're definitely getting two new teams in like 2025.

Seattle put $1.5B into renovating their arena and it's world class now so the Sonics would have a home immediately. 

If they start in 2025 the Vegas team will likely play their first year in T-Mobile Arena before moving to the new $4B arena when it opens in 2026.

Also looks like Memphis will be moved to the East to keep the conferences balanced.

Edited by NYRaider

Zion Williamson said he’d sign a contract extension if the Pelicans offer this offseason: “Of course, I couldn’t sign it fast enough.” Pelicans lead executive David Griffin said not so fast. Brian Windhorst of ESPN: From what I have been told, the Pelicans, at this point, are not willing to offer a full five-year guaranteed deal. And a lot of it is flowing down from ownership. Gayle Benson, the owner, is also the owner of the New Orleans Saints. And I have been told they’re going to take a football-style, Saints-style mentality with this contract negotiation. They will offer him a huge contract but will not guarantee all of it.