2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I really hope he learns to keep his weight under control, he's my favorite type of player to watch.  

Yeah, I don’t wanna see that type of talent squandered. I do get that with an injury to the foot that needs surgery it’s gonna prevent you from being able to get in shape and Zion probably puts on pounds quicker than most when he’s not being active. Like you can even see in that video it’s not like he’s moving around well yet. But, with that said hopefully he does take his fitness seriously and stays away from the beignets.

Opposing announcers can’t even not mention it and it’s been all jokes about his weight on Twitter.

The amount of times I’ve seen him talked about right now about looking like a football player is getting ridiculous lol.

Hopefully someone gets to him like Moses Malone did to Charles Barkley on the Sixers when he told him he wasn’t getting much playing time cause he’s “fat and lazy” and got him to drop 50 lbs working with him on it and got to an ideal playing weight where he could dominate. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You responding to that like a day later as if Washington’s wasn’t being completely stupid at that time I replied to you with that lol… but glad y’all came through and beat Boston.

My bad, I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I see now. 

But, yeah one of the Wizards broadcasters said 5-1 is their best start since 05/06 season and before that their last 5-1 start was 89/90 when they were still the Bullets. Unfortunately for Washington fans both those teams in 89 and 05 went on to lose 5 straight games after that hot start.

I'm waiting for that too. 

• Like 1

Jaren Jackson, Jr. and Kevin Huerter having absolutely awful starts to the season after getting paid.

And Cam Reddish is finally starting to put it together. If that trend continues for much longer, looks like I'll be in the wrong about that 3 year long debate. Huerter might be on the trade block at that point as well.

Forgot Bucks-Jazz came on already.

Excited to watch this one, even more so now that Dak is out of SNF.

Edit: Nvm. Forgot about Holiday being out and Middleton is missing with a non COVID illness. Lame.

We are the walking dead right now lol

• Like 1

Bron legit just takes threes all game now lol...I think he's 1-15 or something like that the last two games. Dude doesn't attack nearly as much, even when he has a favorable line up with AD at C. 

I'm LOVING how it is a legitimate struggle to get to 100 points now. Like even back in 2010 or 2011, games that got to a 100 meant the offense(s) really played a good game. Last few years a team could be playing trash offense and still get to like 105. This is closer to playoff style of ball.

Harden is slowly but surely getting his legs under him and playing better...By thanksgiving weekend he should be back to the MVP level form on a consistent basis.

Efficiency and scoring is going down for all wing scorers....except apparently KD. Dude is scoring like he always does.."Pure hooper" as some say lol.

Hope Holiday/Lopez return soon. Some of the line ups the Bucks are throwing out are straight NASTY. 

Dame was dealing with some sort of injury in the Olympics and was pretty bad and he's started the season out bad. Is he still hurting or is this more so just being in a slump? Haven't seen much of the Blazers this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bron legit just takes threes all game now lol...I think he's 1-15 or something like that the last two games. Dude doesn't attack nearly as much, even when he has a favorable line up with AD at C. 

Bron coasting with that and has Russ to do more of the driving now.

No way he's shooting 10 three pointers a gamewhen it matters lol.

Don't think this dude is not driving cause he can't.

But, yeah Bron's shot been off since he missed those 2 games. He was 14-29 (48%) from behind the arc before that and the last 2 games he's shot 1-16 (6%) and that one make was a 36 foot bomb that was thrown out to him with the shot clock running out lol.

The Lakers stars effort defensively to start that Cavs game was disgustingly lazy. It took Howard, Bradley, Reaves, and Bazemore to spark it on that end before it was late in the second half and the stars decided they would take it up a few notches too.

They came out tonight and smothered the Rockets from the opening tip holding them to only 35 points in the first half, but just  like the OKC game they went got complacent with the lead and went into cruise control in the 2nd half, especially 4th quarter. I don't think the Rockets cut it to single digits, but I know it at least got down to an 11 point lead. 

Strangest part of last night was Melo actually playing some defense lol.

And, speaking of Melo dude is hitting everything right now on catch and shoot. Shooting 52% from three on over 6 attempts. I just need him to stay mainly doing that and not try and force isos and a bunch of mid range and at least try somewhat on defense like he did tonight.

I'm also not too sure if Malik Monk will really be in the rotation much once some guys come back cause of his defense. That might fly in Charlotte, but Vogel not gonna have any of it. He tried more tonight on defense after getting benched the rest of the game after starting and playing 5 mins against the Cavs, but even with effort he's tough to watch on that end. Shots gotta start falling for him or he's not gonna get burn. Going to the Lakers was probably a mistake for him.