2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

23 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I don’t wanna see that type of talent squandered. I do get that with an injury to the foot that needs surgery it’s gonna prevent you from being able to get in shape and Zion probably puts on pounds quicker than most when he’s not being active. Like you can even see in that video it’s not like he’s moving around well yet. But, with that said hopefully he does take his fitness seriously and stays away from the beignets.

I mentioned this before the season, there was a video of him at Coach K's academy a month or so ago and he looked so out of shape. Being as explosive as he is and weighing 300+ pounds is a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, catcheryea said:

jerami grant playing himself from a two first round pick trade asset to a two first round pick salary dump is not what i needed to see this year

I don't think he will ever be a salary dump as he will at least be a solid role player on a good team and his contract isn't that awful for a solid role player.  But he definitely is not looking to bring in a significant return.  Should have moved him in the offseason.  

Also, I think its time to move on from Casey.  Its just too hard for someone to lose this much and maintain the locker room. Last nights game was bad by everyone.  Stewart played 20 mins and had 1 rebound.  Nobody shot well. Nobody rebounded (Josh Jackson led the team with 5, LOL).  Hayes looks like hot garbage. I'm ok with it since I want that top pick this year but hope that some of the guys develop into role players/depth around Cade and whoever we draft next year.  

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I understand wanting to be precautious but the dude should play. 

they've been acting so weird with his injury. when he first got hurt they said he'd be back in time for the first preseason game, then they moved the timeline to the third preseason game, then they moved it to opening night, then they moved it to after the road trip. when he finally comes back they say he'll play 20-25 minutes, he plays 14 in the first half, the first 4 of the second and then sits the rest of the game. then they announce he's not playing back to backs. and for the most part they've made every one of these announcements on game day just a couple hours before tip off. there hasn't been any transparency. i've never seen an ankle sprain be managed like this

31 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think he will ever be a salary dump as he will at least be a solid role player on a good team and his contract isn't that awful for a solid role player.  But he definitely is not looking to bring in a significant return.  Should have moved him in the offseason.  

Also, I think its time to move on from Casey.  Its just too hard for someone to lose this much and maintain the locker room. Last nights game was bad by everyone.  Stewart played 20 mins and had 1 rebound.  Nobody shot well. Nobody rebounded (Josh Jackson led the team with 5, LOL).  Hayes looks like hot garbage. I'm ok with it since I want that top pick this year but hope that some of the guys develop into role players/depth around Cade and whoever we draft next year.  

you're right hopefully he never reaches quite that low but he's been absolutely terrible so far. i think he's shooting like 26% from 3 and just over 40% from the floor. i'm pretty sure he hasn't shot 50% in a game yet this year.

i was gonna make a super long post about casey in the pistons thread the other day but as i was typing out the part about watching cory joseph play every second of the 4th quarter so far this year i got too frustrated to finish it. everything i said about the rotations and the offensive system not being at an nba level feels like it's even more true this year. if he's supposed to be the coach that develops young players, why hasn't a single player gotten better in the 3+ years he's been here. they just traded sekou less than two years after he was drafted because he looked worse last year than he did as a rookie. how does none of that blame fall of casey and his staff and solely on sekou? i know i've spent a lot of time ****ting on josh jackson but from what i've seen this year he's been our best player. that's not good.

26 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

you're right hopefully he never reaches quite that low but he's been absolutely terrible so far. i think he's shooting like 26% from 3 and just over 40% from the floor. i'm pretty sure he hasn't shot 50% in a game yet this year.

i was gonna make a super long post about casey in the pistons thread the other day but as i was typing out the part about watching cory joseph play every second of the 4th quarter so far this year i got too frustrated to finish it. everything i said about the rotations and the offensive system not being at an nba level feels like it's even more true this year. if he's supposed to be the coach that develops young players, why hasn't a single player gotten better in the 3+ years he's been here. they just traded sekou less than two years after he was drafted because he looked worse last year than he did as a rookie. how does none of that blame fall of casey and his staff and solely on sekou? i know i've spent a lot of time ****ting on josh jackson but from what i've seen this year he's been our best player. that's not good.

Yeah, I'd say Bey is probably our best player so far but JJ has been close.  Which sucks but is also good to gain future assets at the deadline for someone who needs a depth SG.  Or maybe he finally develops like Miles Bridges is finally developing.  

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bron coasting with that and has Russ to do more of the driving now.

No way he's shooting 10 three pointers a gamewhen it matters lol.

Don't think this dude is not driving cause he can't.

But, yeah Bron's shot been off since he missed those 2 games. He was 14-29 (48%) from behind the arc before that and the last 2 games he's shot 1-16 (6%) and that one make was a 36 foot bomb that was thrown out to him with the shot clock running out lol.

I mean he's also missed some bunnies at the rim that he usually converts on. Bron hasn't had one game that I've watched where he has lived in the paint. Even the Warriors game was all mainly outside jumpers. I haven't watched all the Lakers games so he may have had one game but just haven't seen it. Not saying he can't do it, just that he ISN'T doing it. 

Melo though??? Sheesh.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, I'd say Bey is probably our best player so far but JJ has been close.  Which sucks but is also good to gain future assets at the deadline for someone who needs a depth SG.  Or maybe he finally develops like Miles Bridges is finally developing.  

um your best player is MP... 

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They took him over Haliburton and I remember letting out an audible laugh when they announced the pick. It's going to come back to haunt them when they are looking for CP3's replacement at PG.

Shocking considering Ayton is likely gone after this year if they don't overpay him because someone will. 

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

if he's supposed to be the coach that develops young players, why hasn't a single player gotten better in the 3+ years he's been here.

I'd guess Weaver knew the team would struggle regardless of who the coach was so he brought back Casey to be the fall guy so they can hire someone they actually want next off-season.