Cardinals Place All-Pro Center Rodney Hudson on IR

HoboRocket

Get healthy Rodney. Absolutely hated seeing him leave the Raiders this off season, he was probably our best player over the past 5+ years he was with us. A model of consistency on and off the field and had nothing but respect from the locker room. If the Raiders aren't winning it all this year, I would love to see Rodney get himself a ring in Arizona. So seeing him play so well to this point was anything but a surprise, I have been surprised by how well Arizona has started (I believe I had them as a 9 or 10 win team before the season). Hopefully he can get healthy and get back out there to help the Cardinals make a deep playoff run. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Seems like a pretty significant loss? 

Yeah, Cardinals have the pieces for a top-10 unit, he's one of the two top-tier OL on their team, and - from a communication and rhythm standpoint - arguably their most important lineman. Good IOL are especially important with Aaron Donald still up for one or two more matches with the Cards this year. 

DJ Humphries is comfortably one of best LTs in the league. Justin Pugh is good, but not great. Good pass pro guy on the inside, strong in the run game. Playing between Hudson and Humphries makes him look like an All-Pro. RG is an interesting situation. When Kelvin Beachum is playing, he's consistently one of the better tackles in the league, and considered a strong leader.