Should Brian Flores be put on the hotseat?

biggie.

Granted the 2020 Dolphins were quite overrated, they still entered the season with playoff expectations. They are currently 1-5 and would be winless had Damien Harris not fumbled. Their recent loss to the laughable Jaguars wasn't a couple plays going the Jaguars' way; Flores was thoroughly outcoached by Urban Meyer, whom could have been fired before the end of his first season.

No. 

He's a victim of his own success.

His first year, people thought that team could go winless. It was a mess in the front office, talent, etc. Winning 5 games was a huge over achievement. 

He wins 10 games last year, over achievement. 

So we have two years where his team has over achieved and one where his team is under achieving. Coaches have bad years too

• Like 10

Wow.  What an insane question.   Brian Flores is one of the better young coaches in the league.  He had his team vastly outperform their talent level the last two years.   This is the first time his team has played down to their talent level.  I would blame the GM and lack of talent on this roster before I blame Brian Flores.

I don't know what ya'll expected from this roster but a 1-5 record is not surprising.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Wow.  What an insane question.   Brian Flores is one of the better young coaches in the league.  He had his team vastly outperform their talent level the last two years.   This is the first time his team has played down to their talent level.  I would blame the GM and lack of talent on this roster before I blame Brian Flores.

I don't know what ya'll expected from this roster but a 1-5 record is not surprising.   

Wait. You think they're playing DOWN to their talent level? So even after two full season, and a third offseason, he still only has a squad worthy of a 1-5 record? Uhhh, maybe he SHOULD be on the hot seat then?

Trading a future 1st for Jaylen Waddle didn't get nearly the amount of criticism it deserved.  I do think 1st round picks can be a little overvalued at times, but to trade it for a WR (and IMO, not better than DeVonta who fell to 10) when you don't know how good your QB is or if he can stay healthy?  Just not a smart move.  

I feel like the GM has done a worse job more than anything else, but I don't know how the decision-making dynamics work in Miami.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4