5 up, 5 down Indy

Johnny Nix

Up

1. Dalton played fairly well despite the offensive line playing probably one of its worst games of the season so far. 

2. Dunlap with the game winning (potential season saving) play.

3. William Jackson continued to play well

4. Joe Mixon (minus the fumble) and Josh Malone

5. A win is a win, even when it feels like a loss

Down

1. Offensive line, what a joke. Seriously. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a line so bad

2. Marvin’s personnel decisions. Continue to trot out Hill and refuse to play Ross even though he’s cleared. Seriously!?! You can throw him in for a bubble screen or a deep shot?

3. Vigil, thought this was his worst game of the year. Out of position a lot, blown coverages, and missed tackles. 

4. Run blocking. I know it’s the same as offensive line, but it’s seriously putrid. 

5. Run defense. Gore was gashing us when it mattered most. 

13 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

So John Ross wasn't in the game plan at all according to Marvin.  Good call Marvin, don't want to negatively impact that explosive offense of ours...

He said something else earlier in the week like “you guys think more highly of him than I do”. 

Then why spend a top 10 pick on him. 

I just want to punch him through the screen sometimes with his smug answers like he’s some sort of football coaching god

29 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

So John Ross wasn't in the game plan at all according to Marvin.  Good call Marvin, don't want to negatively impact that explosive offense of ours...

He was healthy enough to be blocking on the edge on three straight running plays.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

He said something else earlier in the week like “you guys think more highly of him than I do”. 

I just want to punch him through the screen sometimes with his smug answers like he’s some sort of football coaching god

That's...odd.

Down:

1. I'm not sure Gore or Mack were pushed back on a single tackle today.  They'd get hit, then stumble forward for another 2-3 yards.  That's embarrassing.
  2. The run blocking was pretty bad
  3. The pass blocking was really bad
  4. The turnovers are getting really bad
  5. The defense not forcing many turnovers is also pretty bad.  8 turnovers forced on the season.  In 7 games.  I'm sorry, but a "great" defense can do a bit more than that.
  6. Not using Ross at all.

Up:

1. Malone looked good in limited action (limited by the offensive line)
  2. Dalton looked good on the about 5 throws he had from clean pockets
  3. Kroft continues to play well
  4. Finally an explosive play from Mixon (thank you to Green for bailing out the team on the touchdown)
  5. Chuck Pagano's face as Boger explains the fumble non-turnover

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

ole marv is a clown... can't wait till he's gone 

they win in spite of him now 

22 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ogbhui, Bodine, and Hopkins are so bad.  Smith is passable at RT and Boling is a solid LG, but man do they ever need 3 new starters next year.

I think i saw after the game where PFF didn't credit Hopkins with any sacks or pressures.  I plan on looking at the sacks at least.  I'm not sure i have time to look at all the pressures.  That's basically every snap.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I think i saw after the game where PFF didn't credit Hopkins with any sacks or pressures.  I plan on looking at the sacks at least.  I'm not sure i have time to look at all the pressures.  That's basically every snap.

I could have sworn I saw one play where the DT ran right past him and crushed Dalton as he let go of the ball.  And another where he got beat immediately and Hill ran directly into the guy.  I was busy cleaning while watching the game, but I remember those two plays in particular.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I could have sworn I saw one play where the DT ran right past him and crushed Dalton as he let go of the ball.  And another where he got beat immediately and Hill ran directly into the guy.  I was busy cleaning while watching the game, but I remember those two plays in particular.

I thought that was on TJ Johnson after Hopkins got hurt and left the game?

Also, the majority of the sacks/hits that I saw was on stunts where Bodine didn't adjust or bad communication between Bodine and the guard on passing guys off.  Either way, Bodine...

44 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought that was on TJ Johnson after Hopkins got hurt and left the game?

Also, the majority of the sacks/hits that I saw was on stunts where Bodine didn't adjust or bad communication between Bodine and the guard on passing guys off.  Either way, Bodine...

You might be right in that it was Johnson, I was distracted at the time.  It was definitely the RG in both instances.

Archived