Week 7: Washington Football Team @ Lambeau Field - Packers win 24-10, move to 6-1!

FAH1223

8 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

They have the last ranked defense in the NFL.

Dead last.

We are not going to lose, we may give up some points cuz we’re hurt but we’re going to win.

Maybe another 200 yard game for Adams so there’s now doubt in anyone’s mind he’s the best. 

They're not dead last in DVOA. They are like 5th worst. I know they have a bad defense and we SHOULD put up like 30, but I'm still not ready to rest comfortably on this offense producing consistently. 

Washington is a top 10 defense in YPC allowed, if they stifle our run game and fluster Rodgers w/ their front-4 it could limit us.

I expect to win as well, but we're not an elite team right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber -   Packers OLB Preston Smith always plays. The early belief is he will play this week after missing most of Sunday's game. His consecutive-games streak, by the way, is one of the longest in the NFL.

This is encouraging news.  🙂

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   A kicker with the last name Blewitt will kick at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

Man, that's even better than Succop.

The Packers are going to handily win this game.  It would be a major failure of coaching if this team is not ready to play.  Then it gets interesting for a bit...

WFT is missing Gibson afaik, which is the foundation of their already putrid offense.

Which should mean more time for their pass catching back mckissic.  I'm not really sure who the packers need to cover other than Terry McLaurin - that offense is a joke.

If fitzpatrick starts, packers should be more worried.  He has more ability to pull games out of his ***.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, incognito_man said:

They're not dead last in DVOA. They are like 5th worst. I know they have a bad defense and we SHOULD put up like 30, but I'm still not ready to rest comfortably on this offense producing consistently. 

Washington is a top 10 defense in YPC allowed, if they stifle our run game and fluster Rodgers w/ their front-4 it could limit us.

Yea, the offense is still a work in progress, especially in the redzone. Really wanted MVS back this week but given that he didn't practice today basically puts an end to that. 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, incognito_man said:

I'm thinking another close game.  Definitely the offense is a notch below last season, although it's probably a bit par for the course given how ours operates.

One thing we gotta avoid here is looking ahead to the big game next Thursday.

42 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'm thinking another close game.  Definitely the offense is a notch below last season, although it's probably a bit par for the course given how ours operates.

One thing we gotta avoid here is looking ahead to the big game next Thursday.

You mean like last year when they got beat by the Vikings at home before their Thursday night game against the 49ers? Or the year before when they played like crap against a bad Broncos team at home before losing to the Eagles on Thursday night? Avoid those kinds of things? Don't be surprised if it happens again on Sunday.   

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I've seen the opposite? 

I'm guessing setback there. Early on, basically every pundit, including Rap who is typically knowledgeable, said MVS going on IR was precautionary and for his own good so he didn't come back in a week or two. Last week Rodgers also said a presser that they'd "hopefully" have MVS back this week. Now, apparently he's not even ready after 3 weeks. No way he'll play in AZ on a short week either. I'm guessing KC at the earliest for him now.