Week 7: Washington Football Team @ Lambeau Field - Packers win 24-10, move to 6-1!

I liked that they ran a blitz (that worked) on one of the red zone plays, I think maybe on a 4th down.  I'm just a dumb fan, so of course I maybe notice when they blitz and it actually works; maybe I don't even realize when they try to blitz and it does NOT work. But given the lack of pressure our normal defense provides, I wonder if trying to blitz more often wouldn't make some sense?  

Paul Bretl -   Eric Stokes allowed 2 receptions on 5 targets for 46 yards with a PBU. 40 of those yards came on the TD pass to McLaurin. Another strong performance for the rookie who has been CB1 the last few weeks.

Zach Kruse -   Packers QB Aaron Rodgers from a clean pocket on Sunday: 27 of 31 for 274 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 INTs, 2 "big time throws," 90% adjusted completion rate, 2.18 seconds to throw, 135.8 passer rating.

• Peter Bukowski -   If the OL could get rid of the 2-3 protection busts they’re having a game, the offense would be in great shape. You’re gonna get beat by good players sometimes. Have to eliminate the mental errors

Jake Morley -  Aaron Rodgers deep passing Vs. WFT

Att: 4
Comp: 3
YDS: 71
% of aimed passed thrown on target: 75%
TD: 1
INT: 0
NFL QB rating: 156.3

That's the Rodgers we know.

Paul Bretl -   Chandon Sullivan: 6 targets, 4 receptions for 23 yards and an INT. That’s now 6 completions allowed over the last two weeks on 12 targets for just 34 yards.

Rasul Douglas: 2 targets, one reception for 4 yards.

Ryan Wood -  On “national tight end day,” Robert Tonyan ends his slump. Allen Lazard had his best game of the season in one drive. Davante Adams still did Davante Adams things in win vs. Washington, but this is the complementary production Packers passing game needs.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -  Aaron Rodgers deep passing Vs. WFT

Att: 4
Comp: 3
YDS: 71
% of aimed passed thrown on target: 75%
TD: 1
INT: 0
NFL QB rating: 156.3

That's the Rodgers we know.

Please stop using passer rating to discuss deep passing. The stat isn't built for low volume high ypa throws. 

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Please stop using passer rating to discuss deep passing. The stat isn't built for low volume high ypa throws. 

I didnt - Jake Morley did - so you need to tell him. 

• Like 1

I'm no expert, but by impression Douglas has stacked back-to-back capable weeks.  Looks like a good pickup.  Seemed like he had some injuries; I wonder how he'll be after sleeping on them?  

Edited by craig

I thought Savage looked a little shaky after a tackle.  After which I thought I noticed Black being involved in a couple of plays.  (Or in one play being grossly faked and taking a terrible angle when he committed inside where there was already some traffic, and completely conceded the outside where the guy ran for a bundle of yards....) 

But the game log showed Savage with the full 72 snaps.  So maybe apparently he was fine?  

Seemed like Douglas had some injury possibilities, too.  Curious how he'll feel after sleeping on it.  

Would be really super helpful if BOTH Douglas and Savage were good to on Thursday.