Week 6 -- 5 Downs (No ups this week)

Bucketheadsdad

Just now, candyman93 said:

We need more playmakers. I like the potential of obviously Myles + Clowney + JOK, but nobody else does anything on defense. We have forced the least amount of turnovers.

I mean honestly we have enough talent without those guys to be competitive.  As far as picks, it’s hard to get them when someone is always blowing their coverage.

Lean on the natural talent and starting running more press.  Move Johnson up.  Move Ronnie to LBer tbh.  Bring more pressure and bring it from everywhere.

Our leading receiver is a tight end. We have no receiving threat that can take over a game.

I don’t think we need them tbh.  We need Baker just slinging the ball to the open man, which for whatever reason has happened exactly 1 time with OBJ.

DPJ has made plays, at some point we gotta start taking some shots. Idgaf if it’s Njoku split out or up the seam, DPJ or OBJ down the sidelines, etc., we need to start at least attempting some shots.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hard to say this based off of the quarterback play tbh. Not trolling or joking here. How many more weapons does Baker need here exactly?

I’ve been labeled as anti baker (probably fairly). However, even I realize his receiving options suck.

I’ll argue to death that we need to get DPJ and Njoku more involved.

• Like 1

I’ve been labeled as anti baker (probably fairly). However, even I realize his receiving options suck.

I’ll argue to death that we need to get DPJ and Njoku more involved.

DPJ I believe is being held back a lot more by the quarterback than vice versa.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hard to say this based off of the quarterback play tbh. Not trolling or joking here. How many more weapons does Baker need here exactly?

Not saying he has terrible weapons, but are they really that good besides Chubb and Hunt? DPJ looks like he has the potential to be really good, but we'll see.

Njoku is a matchup problem but has always been inconsistent. Hooper has been a disappointment in the passing game. Higgins is a solid receiver but isn't one to win a lot of 1V1 matchups. Landry is good and has obviously been missed.

Like I said, there's teams with way worse weapons but let's not act like Baker has great weapons besides at RB.

With that said, the poor tackle play negatively impacts Baker more than anything else. We need Wills and Conklin to get healthy ASAP.

• Like 3

And I’ll still stand by my thoughts from like 3 years ago. Baker doesn’t need weapons.  He needs dudes who are where he expects them to be and who make catches.

What he needs is time to throw and a clean pocket (like most QB’s tbh).

I think tackle is the most important position for Baker to succeed and we’re rocking out 4th and 5th string guys.

We couldn’t pass block and we couldn’t run the ball. And we were playing down 2 scores early.  That’s a tough ask for any QB.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Anyone know what happened to hunt?

Don't think we know the extent of his injury but not a good sign when he's being carted off. I think we'll be lucky if Hunt doesn't miss significant time.

Let's hope Chubb is ready to go by Thursday.

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He was drafted to either replace teller or conkin. He has no future at LT for the browns 

But LT is what he has played the most, knows best.

For Christ's sake, the dude went from DL to OL (LT) in college and to RT now.