Week 6 -- 5 Downs (No ups this week)

Bucketheadsdad

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

But LT is what he has played the most, knows best.

For Christ's sake, the dude went from DL to OL (LT) in college and to RT now.

Well have you seen him play LT? He has been garbage at LT. Couldn’t afford him playing LT anymore

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he looks like a G tbh.

Nothing wrong with that, we’ll need one of those eventully.

The way Teller has played, we will prolly be able to resign him to a cheaper deal now. Short term that sucks cause he isn’t playing like he was last year but long term, we can keep him on a better deal.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

The way Teller has played, we will prolly be able to resign him to a cheaper deal now. Short term that sucks cause he isn’t playing like he was last year but long term, we can keep him on a better deal.

Teller has still been good. Just not crazy dominant like he was last season.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And I’ll still stand by my thoughts from like 3 years ago. Baker doesn’t need weapons.  He needs dudes who are where he expects them to be and who make catches.

What he needs is time to throw and a clean pocket (like most QB’s tbh).

I think tackle is the most important position for Baker to succeed and we’re rocking out 4th and 5th string guys.

We couldn’t pass block and we couldn’t run the ball. And we were playing down 2 scores early.  That’s a tough ask for any QB.

This. Baker doesn’t need studs at wr. Go look at his best games, I’m not seeing studs in them. Holy hell he took guys he met in a parking garage when his wr room was decimated by Covid and made them work. 

But for real I wish I had training in psychology, y’all are a study for the ages. I’d more than likely write my graduating thesis on you lot. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I will trust Callahan's judgment and yours on this but that sure paints a picture of a dreadful OL.

The kid has a bunch of potential but he is just so raw at the moment. I’m glad we have an OL coach like him but like you said he was playing DL in college 3 seasons ago. He shouldn’t be seeing the field

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

But for real I wish I had training in psychology, y’all are a study for the ages. I’d more than likely write my graduating thesis on you lot. 

Just a form of Stockholm syndrome...I think. We have no idea what good consistent football is like 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Just a form of Stockholm syndrome...I think. We have no idea what good consistent football is like 

Unfortunately people in here expect perfection at every moment. And it’s unrealistic. I’m even worried just a bit. But the season is still very young, we can go on a hot streak and get back in it. 

35 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Unfortunately people in here expect perfection at every moment. And it’s unrealistic. I’m even worried just a bit. But the season is still very young, we can go on a hot streak and get back in it. 

Just like last year. We kinda looked like garbage until week7. 

the only thing that concerns me is the defense. I have hope for the offense but not for the defense because I know Woods is going to screw it up. I’m convinced Woods could screw up a wet dream

It’s been concerning to see Baker not process things quickly and miss seeing open receivers in key moments. I’m not ready to throw the towel on him but had hoped he’d be at a different stage in year #4. A quarterback usually doesn’t have the luxury of relying on the ground attack that he has had. When it’s not there, we need to see our QB run the offense. At this point you do question how he’s developed since so much of the offense has been effective the last couple years based on established run game and timely passing. Can he lead an offense down the field when everyone knows the pass is coming, when it’s most needed? I hope so, we need to see it though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s been concerning to see Baker not process things quickly and miss seeing open receivers in key moments. I’m not ready to throw the towel on him but had hoped he’d be at a different stage in year #4. A quarterback usually doesn’t have the luxury of relying on the ground attack that he has had. When it’s not there, we need to see our QB run the offense. At this point you do question how he’s developed since so much of the offense has been effective the last couple years based on established run game and timely passing. Can he lead an offense down the field when everyone knows the pass is coming, when it’s most needed? I hope so, we need to see it though. 

I think he can, he just needs protection.

It’s hard for any QB to be successful consistently when under duress.